Airdrieonians vs. Alloa Athletic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the pitch had been cleared on Boxing Day it would have been fine. The snow that has fallen today can be cleared easily enough but the original snow will be hard to shift now without damaging the pitch so I would say there’s a doubt.

Got 4 different Tractors/Ploughs to help tomorrow, but as AFC1878 said, it depends on what the snow is like underneath from Boxing Day. A stack of volunteers ready to help too. Fingers crossed - could be a decent gate if there are other games off in the area.

Got 4 different Tractors/Ploughs to help tomorrow, but as AFC1878 said, it depends on what the snow is like underneath from Boxing Day. A stack of volunteers ready to help too. Fingers crossed - could be a decent gate if there are other games off in the area.

I’m happy to muck in if required.

Thankfully it's not through here. If the Arbroath game was called off, there's surely no way this would go ahead, considering we're likely to get more snow and deep cold overnight.

Congrats on beating Ayr; they must have been beeling. Considering that, and the wee unbeaten run you're on, I'd happily take a draw tomorrow.

Just now, touchedbymadness said:

So funny

No, I'd imagine they were genuinely beeling. I get the impression they'd be furious to be beaten by anyone in this league, other than Raith (possibly).

16 hours ago, TheBuckfastTriangle said:

Last game for Furtado?

If it's on, it'll be interesting to see how we rejig things with McGregor out. McIntosh seems to be out of favour but I'd prefer to see him come straight in and Cairns left where he is in midfield given how well he's been doing.

What happened to McGregor?

According to the SPFL site, the game is off ‘due to snow.’ Was there any attempt made to clear the park this morning? There was still snow on the park last night - why wasn’t it cleared yesterday to give us half a chance. If the park had been cleared on Boxing Day, then again yesterday, I’m confident the game would be on. If the inspection was based on a pitch covered in snow then of course it’s going to be off!

Archived