Aberdeen v Hearts

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand the folk bitching about Hearts being defensive. We hardly set out an attacking team.

Hearts should have scored a minimum of 2 but for pisspoor finishing. Aberdeen tried to walk most balls in to the net as that's worked so well in the past.

Time wasting and snide challenges are always to be expected from a Levein  team. 

Hearts keeper was good as was Lewis. The Ulster Gazelle got sent off and nobody lost. I've been at worse games

35 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Is Mackay-Steven actually posh or is the double barrelled name misleading?

Posher than me and you no doubt however both the surnames are commoner/pleb names so he's not as posh as say Palmer-Tomkinson or Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

As McInnes said, Aberdeen did everything they could to try and win the game. 

Hearts did everything they could to try and get a draw. 

I suppose Hearts fans have every reason to be delighted.

25 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I suppose Hearts fans have every reason to be delighted.

I'm sure we deliberately missed about three sitters so we could get the draw, m8.

McInnes is a shitebag.

27 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hearts were clearly set up to hit Aberdeen on the break - with better finishing and a better final pass, we could have won it. 

No, the gameplan was to sit in and hit Aberdeen on the break and it would have worked perfectly if it weren't for incompetent finishing/final passes. We had at least 4 or 5 very good openings, including two missed sitters.

Aberdeen fans must be the biggest moaning-faced c***s around. Every time we play they've got some sort of fucking grievance.

The reaction of some of the Aberdeen fans on this thread has been quite something.

Today we were without Randall, Smith-Brown, Grzelak, Callachan, Prince, Djoum, Walker and Moore and Martin hasn't kicked a ball in 6 months and had to fill a spot on the bench.  Can't for the life of me understand why we were set up to counter against what is supposedly the second best team in the league.  

6 minutes ago, DC92 said:

No, the gameplan was to sit in and hit Aberdeen on the break and it would have worked perfectly if it weren't for incompetent finishing/final passes. We had at least 4 or 5 very good openings, including two missed sitters.

Aberdeen fans must be the biggest moaning-faced c***s around. Every time we play they've got some sort of fucking grievance.

I'd be a moaning faced c**t if I was from Aberdeen too tbf.

Looking forward to the next edition of who we can bam up the most by having the best defence in Scotland. 

One of the better nil-nils I've seen. Hearts defended very well and had some really good chances on the break. We had a lot of the ball but couldn't really cut into that defence. Fair result.

The red card challenge looked a lot worse from the RDS than on that GIF.

That was pretty good game for a no score draw ..Hearts do seem to be very well sorted out at the back..From a Scotland point of view its great to see CB,s like McKenna and Souttar playing  first team football and not looking out of their depths..Hope they both make it and progress beyond the U21,s..

I thought we were pretty shite today and didn't deserve a win.

Hearts did what you would expect but we could and should have had a few more chances.

Not enough players thinking about making chances for the team and taking stupid shots.

two points blown there.

ps. Lafferty in from the back, two footed, studs up and jambos aggrieved because Shinnie walked away? Massive arseholes.

6 hours ago, 2THibs said:

Spending other peoples money to the extent that it eventually killed your rancid club?

Yay!

I don't think even the most rabid of Hibbies would claim that was Levein's fault.

Levein took a side that wasn't a team at all, built from the back forwards and left Hearts with successive 3rd places and in the UEFA Cup group stages, not to mention the spine of the team that was to be so successful the following season.

The early stages this time around look very familiar.

Having read through all the Aberdeen fans' responses, it strikes e how similar this is to the 2003-05 period when I don't think Aberdeen scored against us for about 8 or 9 consecutive games. After every game we got the same chat about Levein's side being dirty, or dull, or cloggers etc as if Aberdeen were a virtuous reincarnation of the Dutch side of 1974. All sides in the world waste time when it suits them, kick people when it suits them, dive when it suits them.

There's more than one way to play football. Recently Hearts have demonstrated that they're adept at a couple of them. Good signs.

I thought we were pretty shite today and didn't deserve a win.

Hearts did what you would expect but we could and should have had a few more chances.

Not enough players thinking about making chances for the team and taking stupid shots.

two points blown there.

ps. Lafferty in from the back, two footed, studs up and jambos aggrieved because Shinnie walked away? Massive arseholes.

Yeah I don't really get the complaints about the red. It looks a pretty cut and dry red card to me. There were quite a few hard tackles in that game with deserved bookings and one red card level tackle that got a red card. Thought the ref had a pretty poor game overall but he got that right.

6 hours ago, coprolite said:

As much as I disagree with your view on the colour of the card, I do think not enough attention has been paid to the class that Shinnie showed after the tackle, for what was a poor (yellow card ;)) challenge. To get up straight away and stop Christie charging in to confront Lafferty sets a great example to younger kids, as opposed to too many hard men in Scottish football that either roll about on the ground to get someone sent off or get up all guns blazing.

Was disappointed when he signed for Aberdeen as he looked a great player, looks like he's carried that on.

Archived