Aberdeen v Hearts

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Are you that wee skirt wearing weirdo that produces a bucket of foam every single time Craig "Manager of the Year 2018" Levein is mentioned? :lol:

Can't wait for KLaff's red card to be rescinded. Beaton is a well known cheat. 8)

He's the meta 4-6- 0, sfa payoff space cadet.

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

Aberdeen should just be happy Goncalves is pish, otherwise that would have been a scudding.

A counter-attacking masterclass from Sheet's Clean Levein.

McInnes will be spending the week in the video room meticulously studying Levein's tactics and methods for some pointers, which can only make Aberdeen FC and Scottish football better as a whole.

You're welcome, lads.

Aberdeen shitebags raging.
If only we could get a creative midfield in to supplement the young team coming through. Best keeper and defence in the league.

Not often I praise Hearts but you are spot on. Not sure about best in the league but your Keeper was excellent along with Berra.

We didn't hit any discernible rhythm in the first half. Hearts were stuffy throughout, but our attacking play was too often lacking cohesion and guile. Shinnie going to left-back helped to balance the team somewhat and we began to look like a more threatening unit, but a lack of cutting edge in and around Hearts' eighteen-yard box remained our downfall. 

McKenna was our best player, I thought; he was defensively excellent, although possibly should have scored with his diving header from Stewart's free-kick. I thought that some of our attacking players, especially Christie, were perhaps guilty of overplaying at times. Mackay-Steven was Mackay-Steven. Rooney spurned a couple of good chances. I can only assume Considine was still injured from Wednesday night, because he was absolutely honking and rightly hooked at half-time. McLean and O'Connor are also capable of being mightily frustrating. 

Hearts also passed up a couple of real chances, mind - Milinkovic in the first half, which was a good block by Lewis, and Goncalves in the second. I thought McLaughlin, Berra and Souttar were all very good. I'm struggling to think of a better centre-back than Berra in the league on current form - he has been a terrific signing for Hearts. 

I thought Lafferty's tackle on Shinnie was a sending off at first viewing. Having seen it back, though, it is undoubtedly cynical but will probably be downgraded to a yellow on appeal. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's rather predictable that Hearts fans should rejoice in another anti-football 0-0 against a better team. 

They remind me of that weird albino fucker in the Da Vinci Code, who took great delight in whipping himself so that he felt better.

I've no doubt at all that in 5 months time they'll be gloating about finishing 6th in the league and being knocked out of the cup by Hibs after a reply. :thumsup2

Aberdeen fans moaning because Hearts were defensive.  Aye we'll just rock up with a squad decimated by injury and play openly.

If you can't break us down that's not our fault.  And we ended up passing up some great chances as well so it wasn't the one way traffic it was made out.

Lafferty's red is a joke. Yellow every day of the week but never a straight red.

Actually quite a good game for a nil nil - plenty of chances for both sides. Our chances were clearer but Goncalves wasted at least 5 breakaways. Both Cochrane and Milinkovic played well I thought. 

49 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

How did young Baur look?

Had Mackay-Steven in his back pocket, his highlight was a last ditch sliding block. Looked a bit rushed when playing the ball out though. 

15 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

Clear red. The intent was there and thats all that is needed these days.

The intent to win the ball? It's not a red card, I'll be very surprised if it isn't downgraded.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I for one for one am surprised to see Paulo slither out from his bedroom as soon as Hearts scrape a point.

No doubt he'll be away again come February.

Assuming I've left my bedroom today. XtNQ18X.png

f**k me I'd hate to be a season ticket holder at Tynecastle. Aside from meaning I'd be a jambo mink, having to watch a Levein team every other week would be soul destroying. Came for a draw, got a draw, can't argue with that. 

Can't help but think McGinn could have made the difference today. Will be good to get him back in the team. 

Thought McKenna was superb again. Best young Scottish centre back since Berra imo. 

Well I now know how Hearts fans felt after we escaped with a draw at Murrayfield. Not much to be said, went as predicted, typical Levien Hearts team and they got the draw. Could have got more if that Isme could actually get a shot on target. Thought we played relatively well, so a bit disappointed. Did any Hearts player get away without a booking? Surprised the Keeper didn't get one for time wasting.

5 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Well I now know how Hearts fans felt after we escaped with a draw at Murrayfield. 

You say that as though you lot had a sniff of a chance at Murrayfield. :lol:

Archived