Aberdeen v Hearts

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fresh injury worries for Hertz, I guess, with Randall coming off last night - it's possible that Michael Smith and Djoum could be fit, and Chopper Cochrane will be available after his suspension - something tells me someone else is due to start a suspension soon, but I'll be fucked if I can mind who it is - Lafferty, maybe?

If Smith doesn't make it, then we have decisions to make at right-back - you could put wee Jamie Brandon at RB, and slot Grzelak at left-back - not sure I fancy the latter, tbqhwy.

Or you could play Hughes at RB, as we did last night, but he's lighting slow these days, and Aberdeen will have pace on the flanks, as they always seem to.

I guess Walker could be out too, as he was in the wars a few times last night, and he might be on his way to Wigan by Saturday.

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Fresh injury worries for Hertz, I guess, with Randall coming off last night - it's possible that Michael Smith and Djoum could be fit, and Chopper Cochrane will be available after his suspension - something tells me someone else is due to start a suspension soon, but I'll be fucked if I can mind who it is - Lafferty, maybe?

If Smith doesn't make it, then we have decisions to make at right-back - you could put wee Jamie Brandon at RB, and slot Grzelak at left-back - not sure I fancy the latter, tbqhwy.

Or you could play Hughes at RB, as we did last night, but he's lighting slow these days, and Aberdeen will have pace on the flanks, as they always seem to.

I guess Walker could be out too, as he was in the wars a few times last night, and he might be on his way to Wigan by Saturday.

Lafferty is due to miss a game after picking up 5 yellow cards but I have a feeling its the first league game after the break he misses. 

Expect Hearts to try and shitfest this to a 0-0 so we are going to have to break them down. Pity game is coming a couple of days to early for McGinn to be eligible. Weather forecast predicting it will be 4c on Saturday. Cannot wait.

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s a dilemma as I’m driving my dad back to Elgin tomorrow and coming back through Aberdeen on Saturday so could feasibly convince myself to go. However, if I get back down the road for about half 2, the fire on and a dram is currently the better option tbh.

Fucking hell, after driving that shitey b*****d of a road the last thing you'll be needing is freezing your balls off watching the Dons v Hertz wrasslin match. I am off to the smoke for the weekend so it'll be Dons TV radio in a fancy pub up west for me.

13 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s a dilemma as I’m driving my dad back to Elgin tomorrow and coming back through Aberdeen on Saturday so could feasibly convince myself to go. However, if I get back down the road for about half 2, the fire on and a dram is currently the better option tbh.

Could lend you my blanket. I’m not going.

I seen we’ll create some sort record if we don’t concede. With that in mind, 2-0 Aberdeen and our unbeaten run ended. “Bad day at the office”, “game too far” and “thin on the ground” to be included in Levein‘s post match interview.

Hearts to park the bus, kick everything that moves, referee fails take to take action but books Shinnie for his first foul.

In 92nd minute Berra takes down Christie inside box, ref finally gives a decision in Aberdeen's favour. Harry Potter and the long haired one sent to the stand for protesting and Rooney sticks away the penalty.

Job done.

Callachan, Prince, Walker, Grzelak and Randall all out of this one in addition to the injuries we already had and old man Hughes is struggling.  Not holding out much hope for this one.

Grzelak injured? Fatally?

Archived