Pride of Lanarkshire v Shite of Lanarkshire

Sounded like "clatty" to me.

I couldn’t decide between the racial comment and dirty.

I actually think (although I don’t know if this is just an Ayrshire thing but we call someone who is dirty “black” which is probably racist anyway but that’s a discussion for another day) he was going to shout “black b*****d” but then realised that could be taken the wrong way. Is the whole “black” thing just Ayrshire or is it across the country?

ETA - not accusing the guy of wanting to shout black but he just hesitated as if he was trying to pick his words carefully. I do the same if I bang my knee into my desk at work etc......have to stop myself from going “owa you.....” well I’ll just end it there because I’ve probably typed myself into a corner.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

I couldn’t decide between the racial comment and dirty.

I actually think (although I don’t know if this is just an Ayrshire thing but we call someone who is dirty “black” which is probably racist anyway but that’s a discussion for another day) he was going to shout “black b*****d” but then realised that could be taken the wrong way. Is the whole “black” thing just Ayrshire or is it across the country?

Could be dirty, aye. You'd hope it's not "paki b*****d" anyway, but I don't think it is.

Guest Moomintroll
The cup match is going to be even more heated now. Motherwell will be very fired up for it. 
Forgot about that, going to be a fun game that one.

25 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The cup match is going to be even more heated now. Motherwell will be very fired up for it. 

Don't know if a league suspension runs into Scottish cup matches as each competition is governed by different bodies, if Hartley is suspended then it obviously increases our prospects, anyone got a definitive answer to this ?

Just now, Nizzy said:

What's Imrie supposed to have done to merit that?

Walking up to the Accies fans while looking over to the Well Bois. He was either touching the badge or his captain's armband. Fairly innocuous.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Walking up to the Accies fans while looking over to the Well Bois. He was either touching the badge or his captain's armband. Fairly innocuous.

Never saw it at the time but after viewing tv evidence Imrie is not doing anything that merits Carson confronting him, Hartley charging in and manhandling Imrie was without doubt the cause of the flashpoint, Hartley has been dealt with by the referee in the correct manner from the pictures i'v viewed.

The referee's report will be interesting, with our recent on the park indescretions which resulted in us and County being fined, I think if the ref's report infers we have been the provocative agent in this barney the SFA could issue us with another financial penalty direct, or issue us with a suspended financial penalty and warned in a vociferous way about future conduct.

Archived