St Johnstone (who) v Dundee FC

Is that what kept him out today?

Probably shows up our transfer activity though, that we're still so reliant on him and he's not played regularly for about three years.

Yeah says it all when a half fit Murray Davidson was played before him today and how he didn't even get of the bench.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah says it all when a half fit Murray Davidson was played before him today and how he didn't even get of the bench.
I did find it curious, right enough. Wasn't sure if it was injury related or whether it was TW continuing his bizarre approach of only dropping certain players after mistakes.

An enjoyable game. The MOTM for me was Parish. I paid particular attention to him first half as I was basically sat next to him. I thought he made a few good saves, but it’s refreshing to see him constantly communicating with and organising the defence. His celebration at the end shows he gives a f**k too. And speaking of celebrations, Jack Hendry is derried. He went wild after the second goal went in. I’ve criticised El Bak a lot in the past, but he was exactly what we needed at that point. I thought second half we were quite shite and the equaliser seemed inevitable. The movement was terrible and we were so slow going forward, not to mention the fact no one seemed to want to shoot. O’Hara was very poor I thought. He just didn’t get into any pockets and was largely anonymous. Haber is a lazy b*****d as well. I think when he jumps you could fit two sheets of paper beneath his feet. I’m glad to have been wrong about the equaliser and seen us sucker punch saints. O’Halloran and Scougall looked impressive for them. The red card was unexpected from where I was sitting. So it’ll be good to see that on the highlights. A nice end to the year!

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Haha jeezo another easy win against one of the worst saints teams in years and you are still 4 behind them having played a game more.... Let that sink in ...

Weren’t you top of the league after 7 games? Very much in the battle to avoid the relegation playoff now, let that sink in. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:
1 hour ago, johnnydun said:
But yet we would love to have him? Aye ok!
emoji38.png
GIRFUY.

Probably would yes. When he's in form he's the best wide player outwith Celtic, and you lot need a winger. When he's out of form, hes useless. A few darting runs today and the odd good touches don't really convince me he's worth sacrificing a window over, id rather spend the wages on two fresh players than have him for six months, hes returning to Rangers at some point so feels like we're just treading water with him.

O'Halloran had a great start to the season but then he came up against Kerr at Dens.  He's still to recover from his humiliation that day.

43 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Haha jeezo another easy win against one of the worst saints teams in years and you are still 4 behind them having played a game more.... Let that sink in ...

You've got a manager that's had 3-4 years or so to build a side capable of playing the style of football he wants.  We've got a manager that only came in at the tail end of last season and has had to pretty much rebuild most of the side.   He's also introduced a completely different style of play.

Yes it was a slow start to the season for Dundee but we are improving.  You had a good start the season but appear to be getting worse. 

You've got a manager that's had 3-4 years or so to build a side capable of playing the style of football he wants.  We've got a manager that only came in at the tail end of last season and has had to pretty much rebuild most of the side.   He's also introduced a completely different style of play.
Yes it was a slow start to the season for Dundee but we are improving.  You had a good start the season but appear to be getting worse. 
It'll seem odd from the outside but we're actually getting better. The early results didn't resemble the performances in the slightest and only individual magic saved us. Away from home we've arguably put in some of the best performances in years. Scougall really settling in now, defence is looking a lot tighter (again that'll seen odd to Dees after today, but they haven't seen the awfulness of the past few months) and we're actually creating chances again.

Our big issue is the fact most of that squad is the same squad we've had for three years. They've gotten into routines and opposition teams know them now. A fresh approach should see us fine. McMillan and Kane are both different to what we've currently got so should provide an option in behind defences, and we'll likely sign at least one winger too.

I've been worried for months that Saints would end up dragged into a relegation battle and only our lucky start to the season has kept us off the bottom.

We were dire first half.  Really shocking for the first twenty minutes. Foster's challenge was nasty and while I don't think it was quite worth a red, when you have a ref like Collum you always run the risk. I'll be delighted if he's never first pick at right back again. The irony of course is that Dundee were much worse after the sending-off and in the second half, with a reshaped side, we were by far the better side. 

Plus points were the performances of Scougall (almost a superb solo goal) and Shaughnessy. Thought O'Halloran did well leading the line in the second half. Wotherspoon at least didn't hide. Johnstone was poor, but he's never the sort of player to thrive when he's left on his own up front. Hard to describe how disappointing Alston was – looked like he was wearing the wrong-sized boots. 

I'll be delighted if he's never first pick at right back again

Tbf he'd lost the shirt to Comrie, and only his injury is keeping Foster in the team. Suspect Comrie will start in the Cup and keep his place from then on in.

I was a bit surprised at the red, I thought the challenge before was much worse and probably worth a red. Really controlled the first half, and seemed to struggle with the change of shape after half time. Quality save from Parish to keep us in it. El Bak coming on gave us a bit of pace on the break which we needed and I thought he made the difference. Jack Hendry is a special player. Doubt we’ll see him at Dens next year, and maybe not even after next month.

Just watching the game back  there. Cracking first goal, I counted 15 passes in the build up and I think 10 different players all had a touch of the ball. Would need to watch it again to be sure of this. Anyway , a great team goal. 

Just watched back both the tackles. Johnstone's is worse IMO and well worthy of a red. Dirty b*****d.

Couldn't really see what Foster had done at the time but I think it was the correct decision as well. It's very, very high and looks to go into his thigh.

tackle.png

Archived