St Johnstone (who) v Dundee FC

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the way out of the stadium, I heard a few people saying that the referee had 'ruined the game' with the red card decision. If Collum was incorrect - which I don't think he was - I reckon he should actually be thanked for significantly improving our performance. Tommy was forced to make changes to our shape/personnel and it was a much more enjoyable match  during the second period. Still, we were sorely lacking quality in the final third despite impressive showings from O'Halloran and Scougall.

Better second half. One of the more entertaining halfs we've had at McDiarmid Park this season despite the result.  Players gave it a good go in the second half and think all of them put a good shift in.

Manager made positive changes for us at HT, fair play he went for it instead of hanging on as long as we could.

Dundee are decent, have a clear style and were comfortably better in the first half. 

Foster is an arsehole, get him to f**k.

Was a good lively atmosphere after the break as Saints fans responded to the effort and football the ten men were producing.

Kamara is exactly the kind of player we need, don't think he gave the ball away all game.

The Dundee midfield was excellent I thought. MacGowan controlled everything and strolled it. If only we had a similar player..........

It's mystifying what Collum sees in a match I think he must hear voices. He's utterly mental.

Get. The. f**k. In. 

Jack Hendry was outstanding, we need to do everything we can to keep him this window. Stunned there's been hardly any speculation regarding Kamara as well, he's an absolute class above and is going to play at a much higher level than this.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can't complain with that, yet again we fail to start a match and Dundee score the simplest goal ever. Felt we were getting a grip of things when the red card came about, still not convinced its a red but a few Saints fans saying on twitter that it was a horrible tackle, so I'm probably wrong. If it is then hopefully Foster is one of those in the bin this window, he's run out of chances.

Second half we were much better, can't help but feel that was due to Dundee, rather professionally, refusing to take any risks. Scougall absolutely ran the show which is massively pleasing, and MOH was much better. Second goal came about when we were bombing folk forward and were leaving it 2v2 at the back, MOH with an absolutely shite pass and then he just stands and watches instead of tracking back, one of the reasons I'm unconvinced he'll be a loss to us. Dundee probably could've had another late on if that El Bahktaoui could lift his head, three players unmarked in the box and instead he sprints towards four Saints played as he's so desperate to take a shot himself.

We've a big window coming up, as we all know. Was warming to Johnstone but he was pretty lethargic today, and that lunge was abysmal, one of the worst tackles you'll see.

Pretty fair summary of the game. I thought we were terrible 2nd half when St Johnstone went with 3 centrehalfs. Needed more width 2nd half but the win and 2nd goal came which was pleasing. 

14 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

Pumped. Hopefully Tam got his pus rapped in an ill advised pavement dance.

A couple of utility tried a good few times, even at a Scotland game :lol:

Still standing Gus, nae luck.

I actually enjoyed that game. Missed the first goal, thought Johnstone booking was right and Foster booking was not. Dundee were better first half, Saints better second half. The new signings, if the rumours are true, will make a big difference in the new year. 

Well done Dundee, thank us at the end of the season when these points keep you up...... again.

Great win for us. Totally missed the red card so can’t comment but with the fouls Sainties committed they were going to be lucky to finish with 11 men anyway. McGowan, Parish and particularly Hendry were very good today. Hendry is total class. Kamara also did well but for my money he is ever so slightly over hyped. Good to see Scott Allan starting and he does offer us something different but you to have the feeling he could give more, maybe not quite totally match sharp yet. Saints obviously deserve great credit for their 2nd half performance. Just need to keep this form up and we will start to overhaul teams. But a half decent striker would make a big difference.

Pretty fair summary of the game. I thought we were terrible 2nd half when St Johnstone went with 3 centrehalfs. Needed more width 2nd half but the win and 2nd goal came which was pleasing. 
I think it took a while for McCann to figure out our setup after the break, so he decided to allow you to sit in and contain us, and as we got more and more desperate he brought on a third striker to try and force us keep players back. I certainly wouldn't say you played badly, was just a case of trying to control the match, prevent us getting any real chances and leave the front men to deal with the counter attacks. Was the right move.

Can't play two games in three days due to chocolate hamstrings
Is that what kept him out today?

Probably shows up our transfer activity though, that we're still so reliant on him and he's not played regularly for about three years.

Great to hear the boys did well today.

I’m getting drunk in Amsterdam.

Watch out for the tempting trouts selling their fannies in the windies of the red light area. They can ruin your wallet!
Dees were good today. Although the game management in the second half was very nerve wracking.

Archived