St Johnstone (who) v Dundee FC

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
O'Halloran had a great start to the season but then he came up against Kerr at Dens.  He's still to recover from his humiliation that day.
He's been poor since Caixinha got sacked by Rangers, so take from that whatever you wish. It's almost a re-run of how his form dropped right off before he signed for them a few years ago.

No idea if he just can't cope with the speculation, or if he just wants to be away from us.

O’Halloran has done nothing since his brilliant start to the season. Sounds like he had just as much influence in this game too. I  hope we move on and bring in someone else rather than chasing him all month only to miss out, meaning we either end up with no one or the winger version of Denny Johnstone. 

Funny how opinions can be so different..  Agree MOH has done next to nothing the past couple of months after his great start, but I thought he had a really good game yesterday. He gave more of an attacking threat than any other forward has done for months. Yes he had some daft moments, especially for the second goal, but otherwise he did well.

He looked up for it from the start, something you couldn't say about his recent performances, and put a real shift in. 

O’Halloran has done nothing since his brilliant start to the season. Sounds like he had just as much influence in this game too. I  hope we move on and bring in someone else rather than chasing him all month only to miss out, meaning we either end up with no one or the winger version of Denny Johnstone. 
First half he spent the whole game standing still in his own half, two yards away from Alston and slightly infield, and tried to take the entire team on.

Second half he was better, had one good run and had the chance to slip in Scougall and, I think, Wotherspoon, who'd overloaded the back post, and instead he cut inside, clogged the whole area up and blasted a shot in that was blocked. By the 75 minute mark he was our deepest midfielder, for some totally unknown reason, and his consistently poor passing led to the second, when he didn't even look at where he was passing, then stood still and watched as a player who'd started off right beside ran up the pitch and scored.

We're going to waste this window on him, I just know it. TW has a complete fascination with him despite the fact he constantly let's him down once his heads turned. Can't believe he tells Swanson, who was superb for us after agreeing a move to Hibs, he won't get another chance, yet he seems willing to waste an absolutely vital transfer window on someone who consistently loses form when his head gets turned.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

First half he spent the whole game standing still in his own half, two yards away from Alston and slightly infield, and tried to take the entire team on.

Second half he was better, had one good run and had the chance to slip in Scougall and, I think, Wotherspoon, who'd overloaded the back post, and instead he cut inside, clogged the whole area up and blasted a shot in that was blocked. By the 75 minute mark he was our deepest midfielder, for some totally unknown reason, and his consistently poor passing led to the second, when he didn't even look at where he was passing, then stood still and watched as a player who'd started off right beside ran up the pitch and scored.

We're going to waste this window on him, I just know it. TW has a complete fascination with him despite the fact he constantly let's him down once his heads turned. Can't believe he tells Swanson, who was superb for us after agreeing a move to Hibs, he won't get another chance, yet he seems willing to waste an absolutely vital transfer window on someone who consistently loses form when his head gets turned.

Yes he was trying to do too much first half and going to take the ball off Alston was poor, though given that Alston hadn't played a single pass to a teammate in the first 25 minutes, it was probably the only way he felt he could get the ball off him. To be fair to Alston, he improved when he went to right back.

Your point about the goal; he chased back after he gave the ball away I'm pretty sure.

Yes he was trying to do too much first half and going to take the ball off Alston was poor, though given that Alston hadn't played a single pass to a teammate in the first 25 minutes, it was probably the only way he felt he could get the ball off him. To be fair to Alston, he improved when he went to right back.
Your point about the goal; he chased back after he gave the ball away I'm pretty sure.
I just remember seeing the ball hitting the net, turning round and O'Halloran was at the centre circle, maybe he did run back, who knows.

This "no look pass to someone behind you" routine that our entire squad has is infuriating, Alston, Wotherspoon and MOH are fucking dreadful for it.

Still not convinced that's a red for Foster, player reactions are often key and not one Dundee player even lifts their hands to complain.

Also, confirms MOH just stood watching after giving the ball away. Even worse if he stands still and makes gestures to the bench as if he's blaming someone else.

Yes fair do's if that was the goal that's really poor. I remembered him losing the ball in the second half and haring back, chasing all the way to our box and was afraid he'd lunge in and give away a penalty, and thought it was at the goal. 

From your pic it obviously wasn't!

Yes fair do's if that was the goal that's really poor. I remembered him losing the ball in the second half and haring back, chasing all the way to our box and was afraid he'd lunge in and give away a penalty, and thought it was at the goal. 
From your pic it obviously wasn't!
Yeah he definitely did sprint back at one stage, can't remember if that was before or after this one. He just starts walking back making hand gestures at the bench, no idea what his thoughts were. Assume he's blaming Shaughnessy for it, for some reason.

He actually jogs a bit and then goes into what can only be generously described as a stroll when A-Jay starts advancing.
Really, really weird.
He does it all the time, when he first joined us he worked like f**k, since he hit a good patch of form and got his move to Rangers he's turned into a lazy c**t. Hamilton away, defending a 1-0 lead and he's meant to be left wing, stands in the box, gets a shot off and it's saved. Instead of sprinting back into position he's just stands around the six yard box sulking as Hamilton attack, and start slowly sauntering towards the game again, while Denny Johnstone has sprinted fifty yards to cover for him.

It's no surprise he's never made it at Rangers if he does that there, as you assume there's less players willing to look bad so he can look good.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

4e121dc29cc544a9e7d2f7910e6c8298.jpg
@PauloPerth he's a lazy c**t, this is him after giving the ball away. Amy view from the East made him look closer to the middle though, tbf

You lot are being a bit harsh on him, is it because he’s leaving again? He’s got at least 4 outfield players behind him to deal with it and the ball was moved on quickly. 

Anyway I couldn’t give a f**k, get it up ye’s. 

Archived