Sevco v steelmen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson and Hartley start. Fisher in for Bowman. Turnbull, Campbell and MacLean on the bench.

Motherwell: Carson, Tait, Grimshaw, Bigirimana, Hartley, McHugh, Rose, Fisher, Dunne, Kipre, Tanner
Motherwell subs: Xenodochov, Hammell, Bowman, MacLean, Turnbull, Campbell, Newell

Almost zero creativity in that team, certainly no width and very little pace. Looks like we’re going to shitfest and hopefully nick something from a set piece. 

To be fair to Robinson he doesn’t exactly have a great deal of alternatives at the minute but I can’t say that team does much to inspire me, routine home win.

32 minutes ago, Amato72 said:

Sevco team.

Foderingham, Tavernier, John, Wilson, Jack, Herrera, Kranjcar, Morelos, Alves, Holt, McCrorie

Subs - Kelly, Hodson, Candeias, Peña, Hardie, Barjonas, Bates

Well that's an interesting team.  With Niko and Herrera I guess the manager's looking for a slow game.

Almost zero creativity in that team, certainly no width and very little pace. Looks like we’re going to shitfest and hopefully nick something from a set piece. 
To be fair to Robinson he doesn’t exactly have a great deal of alternatives at the minute but I can’t say that team does much to inspire me, routine home win.

If nothing else, surely Motherwell can get Jack sent off?

Jack, who is off balance, threw himself into a 50/50 with Kipre and won the ball but hurt himself. No intent from Kipre.

Bit naughty with booting Herrera in the nose but the striker did well to nip infront of him and beat him to the ball. Yellow a correct decision.

Bit of a nothing game so far - a few half chances for either side with Tanner going close in the first and last minutes of the half.

Think we will tire second half due to injuries and lack of an out ball but Rangers haven’t threatened too much so far.

12 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Apparently we’ve been lacking quality in the final third and have given away a soft opening goal. 

Not really.  The opening goal was a peach from Danny Wilson and Carson kept you in the game with 3 good saves.

Your defense was posted missing for our second, though.

Absolutely dire stuff.

Attacking play one dimensional and non existent.

Midfield powderpuff

Defence a shambles.

We had a superb first quarter of the season but things are well and truly off the rails now, the next month and a bit are crucial for us.

Good second half from us with two excellent goals.  Wilson, McCrorie, Holt and Barjonas all looked good.

Motherwell were utter dug shite.  They've probably garnered enough points to be safe but tonight they looked like real relegation fodder.

Archived