Livingston v Dunfermline

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno Andy he sticks to a core 6 players in Alexander-Gallagher-Lithgow-Halkett-Pittman-Byrne, chopped and changed the front 2 a lot but now we've Miller & Hardie it looks like he's finally going to start those 2 and we'll have a consistent starting 8. That just leaves 2 wingbacks and another midfielder.  He may go with a more defensive back line to counter Dunfermline's wingers who ripped us in the away defeat but I can't see him changing the 8 core players. 

Absolutely agree with the core 6 and what you say about the strikers we have now, I’d also add Thompson in that because he’s been very good in his last two games, I think we should take the game to the opposition, we are good enough to create chances and take them now, rather than shutting up shop. 

Think the 11 that played yesterday deserve to go again but as I’ve said Hoppy does like to change it up a little so wouldn’t be surprised to see the wing backs change to Longridge and McMillan or Mullin. 

Either way I trust Hoppy to make the right call and hopefully get a positive result. 

Aye, can't see us catching Livingston, who fair play to them, are having an absolutely belting season. I think we're more likely to catch Dundee Utd than them. 

Remember last season though when our fans were saying it was unrealistic to to think we could reach the playoffs in our first season up, how consolidation was as good as we could hope for? Absolute belters. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Last season we didn't reach the play offs, so people were right in saying it was unrealistic.

It was an entirely realistic aim providing we had a competent management team. Claiming a fifth place finish in this division as a success was miles aff it. 

It was an entirely realistic aim providing we had a competent management team. Claiming a fifth place finish in this division as a success was miles aff it. 

Aye but you've mentioned the problem. Some fans have worries that they're not good enough to progress to the next level. At the moment, those worries are confirmed although I hope misplaced at the end of the season.

I think most people were saying that the playoffs were a target last year but the main focus was making sure we didn't get embroiled in a relegation scrap and potentially go straight back down (bearing in mind an established championship side and another side hat came up were the one that were relegated). In fairness I think if we didn't have such a terrible start we would have been in the playoffs last year.

Livi have had a great season so far but every team has either 12/13 or 14 games still to play so they might go through a bad patch as some stage.

For ourselves we seem to go through runs where we are decent or abysmal we could easily slip down the league after a great start (like rovers last year) or go on another unbeaten run (albeit a number were draws) like last year. 1 Point in 9 isn't great and we seem to struggle every time we play teams around us in the league.

I expect a score draw on Saturday tbh, livi will be happy keeping the distance between us and an away point against a team in form would be seen as acceptable to us (although we probably need the win)

Were we not only a few points off the playoffs?

We missed two pens in one game against Ayr to get a draw and three against united. Falkirk cheated us out of three easy points. That's a seven point swing if we had a bit of luck and decent management. 

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

We missed two pens in one game against Ayr to get a draw and three against united. Falkirk cheated us out of three easy points. That's a seven point swing if we had a bit of luck and decent management. 

Missing penalties is not bad luck.

Hippolyte's dive made it 1-1 and didn't have to lead to players/fans losing their heads.

You can't just go back and add imaginary points we "should" have had and say we deserved top four. We had a shocking start and then improved but only got close to Morton because they utterly and completely collapsed, failing to win any of their last nine games.

We are an spl club in terms of setup and budget. Just need a decent manager.
@DA Baracus will be along shortly to correct you.
If your auntie had baws.......

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

We are an spl club in terms of setup and budget. Just need a decent manager.

You need to earn that right by winning the league. Also, the SPL doesn't exist anymore.

Dreading this game. Think we're going to get pumped. 

Has to be in doubt as it's not forecast to get above freezing for the next few days. Just having a quick look and we could play a totally different starting 11 to last week eg..

Murdoch (or the less injured Gil)

Ashcroft
Martin
Paton

Duthie
Aird
Shiels
Vincent
Higgy

Armstrong
Ryan

I'm not saying we should - it's just to highlight the size of the squad and the fact that  we could make a lot of changes without really making the team better or worse. Seems a bit at odds with the "quality over quantity" approach that was going to have us challenging for promotion. Often the reason we've failed to beat the top teams has been a standout moment from a "star" player. AJ spends the budget as he sees fit but one standout player would probably have a bigger impact than four people coming in who will be on or around the bench and motivate those around them. 

3 minutes ago, ExxyJj said:

Gill still not getting a shout, even when Murdoch is injured. What's the boy have to do to get a game?!

Murdoch in his hospital bed wouldn't have let in that goal at Morton. Cammy Gill then (edited for you!). 

Archived