Livingston v Dunfermline

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Usually think you're pretty spot on Grant but have to disagree here. He's mostly solid and dependable.

Took a neutral friend to St Mirren away in December and he thought Talbot was our best player. He's rarely sparkling but definitely can't remember him directly costing us many games - which Morris has done more than once.

You have a friend! 8)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Jason Talbot or Austin McCann?

At championship level? McCann for me. 

Don't get me wrong, he was horrendously exposed at Premiership level but he was a very good left back at championship level, the year we got promoted we conceded the least goals, no mean feat with Chris Smith in goals, he was a pretty good club captain aswell, remember him wanting to deck Allan Walker after the Martin Hardie game? Great Times. 

14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Looking forward to this game, chance for us to move into 2nd place if we get a win too, mon the Lions. :bounce2

That's wild from Utd's point of view. Some season for you

A draw would actually be enough to take us into 2nd which is just incredible at this stage of the season. 

As I said earlier in the thread though we haven’t beaten Dunfermline yet so despite the poor form they are in I’m expecting a really tough game, a draw would be acceptable as it would keep the gap between ourselves and them but of course we should be looking to win this and extend that gap. 

26 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Going through to Livi tomorrow. We've been chronic for weeks.. again so I don't expect much. Hopefully he changes it and brings in Ryan, Armstrong & Vincent. The current starters need a boot up the arse.

I can tell you now that he won't change it.

Cue wholescale changes.

Don't know about the other Livingston fans, but I now have this horrible feeling sinking in that we're going to bottle it tomorrow.

Think I'd happily take a draw if it meant keeping the gap as is between ourselves and Dunfermline. As others have said, a win would be incredible, given it would take us into 2nd. What a season thus far.

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Don't know about the other Livingston fans, but I now have this horrible feeling sinking in that we're going to bottle it tomorrow.

Think I'd happily take a draw if it meant keeping the gap as is between ourselves and Dunfermline. As others have said, a win would be incredible, given it would take us into 2nd. What a season thus far.

I'm torn between wanting to preserve our current lead, and wanting the pressure increased on a clearly fragile Arabs squad.

On balance, a draw would clearly be the best result for us here. Intriguing match, though; wish it was televised.

6 minutes ago, Afro said:

I've not got a good feeling about it either tbh. Never confident when we're coming up against a team down on their luck (was especially bricking it against Brechin). Never confident playing Dunfermline either, haven't beaten them this season and just the mention of them gives me horrible flashbacks to the pumping we got there under soon-to-be Scotland manager John Hughes.

Hopefully get at least a point to keep the good season going, and with our next two games being against St Mirren and Dundee United we don't want a morale damaging result.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm torn between wanting to preserve our current lead, and wanting the pressure increased on a clearly fragile Arabs squad.

On balance, a draw would clearly be the best result for us here. Intriguing match, though; wish it was televised.

Indeed, I reckon how United deal with their supposed troubles from here on in will have quite the bearing on how high we finish up the table. By all accounts they've been mince for weeks now (if not months), adds to the mental nature of our season to date that we're neck in neck with a club which should be pumping us in just about every department.

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I've not got a good feeling about it either tbh. Never confident when we're coming up against a team down on their luck (was especially bricking it against Brechin). Never confident playing Dunfermline either, haven't beaten them this season and just the mention of them gives me horrible flashbacks to the pumping we got there under soon-to-be Scotland manager John Hughes.

Hopefully get at least a point to keep the good season going, and with our next two games being against St Mirren and Dundee United we don't want a morale damaging result.

I couldn't tell you the last time we truly horsed Dunfermline - think the closest we came that I have ever seen was nigh on a decade ago, when we beat them 4-2 at home in a midweek game that was a thriller IIRC. If I watch Livingston for the next 60 or so years of my life, I doubt anything will come close that trouncing at EEP under Hughes - the stuff of horrific nightmares. Agree that we need a positive result to keep some momentum going here, St Mirren at home in theory is a free pass but the United game in a fortnight's time looks like it'll be critical for both sides.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

End of 01/02 season you absolutely battered us on TV. 5-1 I think?

Was pathetic.

Bit before my time, but I'll take your word for it. Having a think about it, I vaguely remember us going to EEP and winning 4-0 in our second season back in the First Division. I think it may have been the death knell for Stephen Kenny's reign at the Pars, actually.

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Bit before my time, but I'll take your word for it. Having a think about it, I vaguely remember us going to EEP and winning 4-0 in our second season back in the First Division. I think it may have been the death knell for Stephen Kenny's reign at the Pars, actually.

I can't remember what order it was in but we lost 5-0 against Hamilton, 3-0 against Stirling Albion and 4-0 against yourselves. Kenny survived those three game but was sacked after getting beat 1-0 by Dundee. 

I'm sure I was at the 4-2 midweek game, was a good game where I don't think we deserved to lose as such. 

Missed that Hughes game though. 

Archived