Livingston v Dunfermline

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

So basically your admitting you are pretty shit at getting games on

I too wish we could flick the outside temperature switch up a few notches but sadly for Livingston and myself we don’t have that power. 

What would you suggest we do ?

Just now, parsforlife said:

Well given we're talking of yet another livi game being called off you are clearly not reaching the standard of the rest of the league.

What standard is that, you do realise that Falkirk and QoS with plastic pitches also had their games off the week ours was postponed, but you are some sort of expert on how we could have gotten ours on yeah?

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That would only cover us to the 18 yard box.

Just thought i'd get in first before anyone else made a crack about our support.:thumsup2

That's fine. The goalmouths are the most important areas anyway

Let’s play the game in fife ,theirs no chance the game will be on in Livi ,I helped remove the covers recently and they were more of a hinderance so for that reason I don’t think they will use them again . The pitch will have snow on it and it’ll be rock solid underneath .

Obviously Dunfermline pitch will be fine so both clubs should get together and switch venue .

As long as the decision is made on Friday or early Saturday, then nobody can have any complaints about a postponement. Only people that get angry about games getting called off are those that have literally nothing else going on in their lives but the football.

If the game goes ahead, with M'Voto in defence, then we'll certainly lose.

Hope the game is on but playing wise it wont do us any harm to have this off after playing 3 games in 7 days, and having the ICT away game the following Tues.

I'd say this has more chance of being off than on, our covers aren't very good and I don't think we have them down anyway.

49 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I do wonder how covers are meant to work, for example Morton very rarely seem to have a game off and I'm sure there fans say they work upto minus 7. I'd presume they'd need to be put down before the pitch was frozen.

There are different kinds of covers. The best ones effectively use pockets of air to keep frost off the pitch and look like a mesh. That's what we used to have before we went 3G. They were good down to about -4C. Some clubs just lay plastic sheeting which is far less effective. Either way, they won't achieve anything at all if they are laid on a pitch that is already frozen. Indeed they would be counter productive and probably prevent the frost coming out as quickly.

The degree of proximity to the coast is also a factor, as is height above see level. Also those pitches which tend to have shaded areas in front of a stand that don't get a lot of direct sunlight tend to be a problem (see Somerset Park in particular which is notorious for that). Morton are rarely off because it's right on the coast and they have good covers and good drainage too. Dumbarton is right by the coast but the drainage isn't as good there I think. The likes of Broadwood was always off before it went 3G because of it's central location and height above sea level.

Livingston isn't particularly coastal and is quite shaded. Not sure how good their drainage is either. It does tend to be one of the more easily frozen pitches.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

There are different kinds of covers. The best ones effectively use pockets of air to keep frost off the pitch and look like a mesh. That's what we used to have before we went 3G. They were good down to about -4C. Some clubs just lay plastic sheeting which is far less effective. Either way, they won't achieve anything at all if they are laid on a pitch that is already frozen. Indeed they would be counter productive and probably prevent the frost coming out as quickly.

The degree of proximity to the coast is also a factor, as is height above see level. Also those pitches which tend to have shaded areas in front of a stand that don't get a lot of direct sunlight tend to be a problem (see Somerset Park in particular which is notorious for that). Morton are rarely off because it's right on the coast and they have good covers and good drainage too. Dumbarton is right by the coast but the drainage isn't as good there I think. The likes of Broadwood was always off before it went 3G because of it's central location and height above sea level.

Livingston isn't particularly coastal and is quite shaded. Not sure how good their drainage is either. It does tend to be one of the more easily frozen pitches.

Aye I think our covers are just basic plastic ones, work was done pre season so I think the drainage is ok, but we're down in a basin which is shaded behind our South stand, so we always have a problem area around that goal mouth which Referees deem unsafe to play on.

On the slim chance of this being on.

Rafa had a big influence on our win over Dumbarton, him and Mackin up front again, or Boyd back in and Rafa on the wing maybe, would imagine Penrice and Mullin will be back in the starting line up. We need to be mindful of Dunfermline's wingers this time, they took Mullin to the cleaners at our last away game against them, not sure why McMillan hasn't featured for a while, he took care of Aird in the 2nd half, have we still got him on loan?

Anyway, maybe need to go with a back 4 for this or we'll get skinned down the wings, and for fecksake don't allow Aird to cut inside and have free shots at our goal.

Mon the Lions, mon the weather sunny

TBF i worked in livvy and it is very exposed and prone to colder weather. Why didn't you install undersoil when you had the money? Were you not in the spl when it was a requirement?
Postponement doesn't bother me but leaving it late does.

Archived