Livingston v Dunfermline

Very important game for both teams. Pars unbeaten against Livingston this season. Morris suspended, M’Voto to come in for him, IMO. Livingston not had many games recently so will surely be keen to get this one on? Lose this game and the questions will continue to be asked about Johnston with other teams closing in on us.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve played Tuesday, Saturday and now Tuesday again before this game so we’ve had plenty games but you’re right we will be desperate for this game to go ahead. 

It is a big game for both clubs, if we could somehow manage a win we’d go 6 clear of Dunfermline but with a game in hand too, a draw wouldn’t be a bad result for us either tbh. 

We got blown away by Dunfermline in the first half last game by not getting close enough before playing a bit better in the 2md half but in truth we were well beaten, the first game on the other hand is still a frustrating one to look back on, it’s a game we really should’ve won, I don’t think there is a great deal between these two teams. 

Be interesting to see how we line up for this one, Robinson in from the start perhaps after his goal today ? I think it’ll all depend on who’s well enough as the squad gets over a virus that’s been going around I suppose. 

Having just looked at the temperatures being forecast this week though it wouldn’t surprise me if this game gets called off, minus temperatures all week and only 1 on Friday night going into Saturday. 

Fingers crossed it gets the go ahead though, would much rather this got played. 

As I said on the Dunbarton vs Livingston match thread, it was a very impressive result this afternoon. It shoes IMO that Livi won't drop away and it certainly makes this match slightly more intriguing. 

For us, it'd be preferable to get this game on purely due to Morris being suspended. If this is off, he'd miss the Falkirk game on the 2nd - I don't think that is because Livingston are bad and we will win comfortably without him; more so that M'Voto is ideal for this match to deal with the hosts physicality so it wouldn't be as much of a gamble throwing him in from the cold. 

For Livi, I saw Jacobs got injured today: is Penrice back to Partick now or is Saturday his last match? Is Ross Brown still out injured? He was a player I was always impressed with while he was at East Fife. 

I would take a draw tbh but I hope after the virus affecting the Lions recently and this being their fourth match in 10 days or so, that we might just be able to scrape a win. 

2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

As I said on the Dunbarton vs Livingston match thread, it was a very impressive result this afternoon. It shoes IMO that Livi won't drop away and it certainly makes this match slightly more intriguing. 

For us, it'd be preferable to get this game on purely due to Morris being suspended. If this is off, he'd miss the Falkirk game on the 2nd - I don't think that is because Livingston are bad and we will win comfortably without him; more so that M'Voto is ideal for this match to deal with the hosts physicality so it wouldn't be as much of a gamble throwing him in from the cold. 

For Livi, I saw Jacobs got injured today: is Penrice back to Partick now or is Saturday his last match? Is Ross Brown still out injured? He was a player I was always impressed with while he was at East Fife. 

I would take a draw tbh but I hope after the virus affecting the Lions recently and this being their fourth match in 10 days or so, that we might just be able to scrape a win. 

Not sure you got enough cliches and tabloid talk in to that post.

Agree that it would be better if Morris misses this one rather than the Falkirk game. I shudder at the thought of M'voto starting though. He's an absolute donkey. His foul for Livingston's penalty in the first game was straight up comical

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not sure you got enough cliches and tabloid talk in to that post.

Agree that it would be better if Morris misses this one rather than the Falkirk game. I shudder at the thought of M'voto starting though. He's an absolute donkey. His foul for Livingston's penalty in the first game was straight up comical

100% agree about M'Voto and the penalty the last time around. He done the hard bit by getting the player running away from goal so it was a bit of a head-in-hands moment as he dived in!

23 minutes ago, Afro said:

Given it’s been snowing and now beyond freezing, no surprise this game will be off. Shite patter considering our storming win today.

Hopefully the game isn't off but there certainly seems to be a consensus that this will be the case, which is disappointing but understandable. I suspect it will be the same for many lower league clubs this weekend if the forecast is correct. 

4 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Impressive win by Livi today.  Nice to see Scott Robinson score again too.  Ross Brown is just coming back from injury again after pulling his hamstring, hopefully now he will be injury free after so long out, be good to see him back after being player of the year at East Fife last season.

Archived