(Dumbar)Ton Vs. (Mor)Ton - 30/12/2017

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Cheeko Green said:

Inspection scheduled for 9am tomorrow

There was an inspection at around 12:45 on Boxing Day prior to the Livi game.

Since then we've had a couple of days of cold weather and today's snow. Forecast is for rain later.

Either it'll melt the snow and the pitch will be waterlogged or it'll re-freeze and the wet pitch will be solid. Big job ahead to get this game on.

18 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

There was an inspection at around 12:45 on Boxing Day prior to the Livi game.

Since then we've had a couple of days of cold weather and today's snow. Forecast is for rain later.

Either it'll melt the snow and the pitch will be waterlogged or it'll re-freeze and the wet pitch will be solid. Big job ahead to get this game on.

If that ref had called the game off at 12.45 I would have chucked it on the spot. Game was never in doubt at that time. Just a young ref playing by the rulebook imo.

20 minutes ago, sons'r'us said:

I wonder how many other games will have an afternoon inspection instead of waiting until tomorrow. Higher temps forecast tomorrow.

I don’t understand the need to call it off just now. Weather apps are saying light rain tomorrow morning then heavy rain from noon onwards. So if the pitch isn’t waterlogged it should be fine. Maybe the referee wanted to watch the OF game instead...

EDIT they can’t really use travelling distance for away supporters as an excuse either...

4 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

I don’t understand the need to call it off just now. Weather apps are saying light rain tomorrow morning then heavy rain from noon onwards. So if the pitch isn’t waterlogged it should be fine. Maybe the referee wanted to watch the OF game instead...

EDIT they can’t really use travelling distance for away supporters as an excuse either...

Injury and suspension crisis at the Sons. ;) #conspiracy

Archived