Cities Skylines

Richey Edwards

On 14/01/2018 at 11:29, JamieT1314 said:

Got my first city to 30k but struggling to get higher, dead bodies everywhere despite cemeteries and crematoriums being nowhere near capacity. Now the brown sludge from my sewage pipes has spread over to my water pumps and even though I have put a water treatment plant at pump and sewage end people are getting unwell from the water.

Just checking, you have put your water pumps upstream from your waste facilities?

On 14/01/2018 at 16:31, JamieT1314 said:

I'm thinking it might the fire engines and hearses can't get to the problem due to traffic congestion, gonna do a bit of work on the roads to see of that helps, otherwise I don't have a clue.

If you are on PC download the mod mentioned above - Traffic Manager Presidents Edition - you can designate some roads to only be used by certain types of vehicles including emergency vehicles so that might help if you build some emergency vehicle only roads.

On 1/14/2018 at 06:29, JamieT1314 said:

Got my first city to 30k but struggling to get higher, dead bodies everywhere despite cemeteries and crematoriums being nowhere near capacity. Now the brown sludge from my sewage pipes has spread over to my water pumps and even though I have put a water treatment plant at pump and sewage end people are getting unwell from the water.

How far aware are your water pumps/towers from pollution?  I always put my pumps well upstream from wastewater pipes/treatment plants (which don't do that much for pollution) and if using water towers have them far away from industrial areas.  

On 1/6/2018 at 06:05, JamieT1314 said:

Anyone tried this on ps4? How does it translate to console and most importantly controller?

On 1/18/2018 at 12:32, Dindeleux said:

Bought this for Xbox, reviews seem ok and I'm hoping the fact I haven't played on PC will limit the disappointment of what will be an (undoubted) different experience on console.

I have it on the PS4, not played it on the PC and it's a good game. I always feel I have to start really slow and small

I have it on the PS4, not played it on the PC and it's a good game. I always feel I have to start really slow and small

I got this for the Xbox at the weekend and, despite having to start again about 5 times before I knew what I was doing, I’m starting to get the hang of it. Although if you thought East Kilbride was a boring place to drive I’d encourage you to come to Steveclarkeland to experience the worlds worst tarmac.

• 1 year later...

My mate showed me this on his PS4 last night. Is it worth getting for the PC? It's currently £5.74 on Steam or £7.49 for the deluxe edition (whatever that includes). Would that be enough to enjoy the game as I resent paying extra for DLC, especially when it's something I might only play for a few weeks then not touch again for months.

My mate showed me this on his PS4 last night. Is it worth getting for the PC? It's currently £5.74 on Steam or £7.49 for the deluxe edition (whatever that includes). Would that be enough to enjoy the game as I resent paying extra for DLC, especially when it's something I might only play for a few weeks then not touch again for months.
If 5.74 is too much for a few weeks enjoyment then Scottish football must be an awful proposition.

Games great

• 3 years later...

I go through periods of not playing this for a year or more and then it absolutely consumes my life for a month.

It is currently consuming my life.

Never really used mods before but after getting a Scottish Tenement district style pack and some local landmarks and transport in, it's completely changed the game. Seen someone mention earlier they hate doing bus routes but building and organising rail/metro infrastructure is honestly my favourite part of the game.

Capturedsds.thumb.JPG.d333f4448cfd348a5ff864ae7e499cdc.JPGCapture.thumb.JPG.def6ace7536432ebb03516a3503fe8c2.JPG1442380118_Capture23.thumb.JPG.66b2cb342d2cd0d2d03ea600147ed82b.JPG820085552_Capture6.thumb.JPG.6c0d88c3fbc06a48455056e652b59c35.JPG1352732994_Capture5.thumb.JPG.84f02e40659e37e92c4977497a2710e4.JPG1987429273_Capture4.thumb.JPG.79cdc26be6a28ed438e9335e5076786d.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.b4e3c6242336f809ee4e607b99c46075.jpeg

Edited by RawB93

I also forget about it then proceed to waste 3 months creating absolute hellscapes. It’s a weird game, in the sense that it’s definitely a city builder, but eventually becomes a traffic management simulator at the end stages. The routing can be baffling at times. 

On 17/12/2022 at 15:47, SweeperDee said:

eventually becomes a traffic management simulator at the end stages.

Totally agree and it's caused me to abandon saves in the past. But I got the traffic manager mod where you can edit turning lanes and ban HGV's from certain roads etc. Currently at about 120k population (which is the highest I've got to, I think) and no issues with traffic.

Although I tried to use the landscaping tools to create a river through a peninsula and managed to flood about 80% of two of my schemes, losing me about 10k people and about £800k to clean up. So if you're thinking of doing that - don't :lol: 

• 7 months later...

Second instalment due on 24th October. I first got involved in the first one about March 2021 and it was a deal on PS store, sure I paid about £25 for game and all add ons at time. I loved it. I would echo that the main gripe from it was traffic management, I play on console so no mod availability, but it did consume me for periods and great hints online how to get started. Will 100% be buying this for PS5. 
What are we hoping is added?

16 hours ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

What are we hoping is added?

More space if possible would be a good addition (although there is obvious restrictions on console). Would love some more diverse types of buildings / zoning. The ability to have mixed use developments and stuff like that would be a lot more realistic. That kind of stuff may exist in the PC version of the game (not sure) but the console can be quite restrictive with that kind of stuff. Transit and stations with above ground development etc, just realistic stuff like that would be good 

Love the game. Didn't expect to but really enjoy messing about building stuff.