How long have you got?

I was pleasantly surprised to reach 50, I'll be flabbergasted to reach 60, intending to transform everything(fags,diet,fitness) in the near future, I'll still be flabbergasted.

Flabbergasted to reach 60, Shane MacGowan reached 60 on Christmas Day, if he can reach 60 anyone can

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ecto said:

Flabbergasted to reach 60, Shane MacGowan reached 60 on Christmas Day, if he can reach 60 anyone can

Maybe Shane McGowan? is in better nick than me.

Just googled, none the wiser apart from the band name.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You didn't know who Shane McGowan was? He was only the lead singer in The Nipple Erectors, before he was Irish.

I preferred him in the early days before his gender reassignment with the cover band, The Flap Doors.

Maybe Shane McGowan? is in better nick than me.
Just googled, none the wiser apart from the band name.

How can anyone in their 50s not know anything about Shane McGowan

2 hours ago, ecto said:

How can anyone in their 50s not know anything about Shane McGowan

What special talent does he possess that should elicit recognition from over 50's?

On 26/12/2017 at 18:19, Jacksgranda said:

I've maybe 5 more left.

This COPD is a boyo.

On 26/12/2017 at 18:31, Gaz said:

COPD is an utter c**t of an illness.

My wife was diagnosed with it this year, she's only 44 ,never smoked... it's tough as hell to watch someone with it.

5 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

My wife was diagnosed with it this year, she's only 44 ,never smoked... it's tough as hell to watch someone with it.

I've spent the last 7 days off my feet, can hardly walk from the bathroom to the kitchen, can hardly get a breath. Spent last Sunday on the phone to the doctor on call from 9 in the morning, eventually got a prespriction at 3.40, chemist closed at 3.55 (should have been 4), had to get it faxed to another chemist, where my son in law collected it (messed up his birthday a bit, running around various chemists.)

1 hour ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

My dad was diagnosed with it in 2012 and was medically retired because of it. He'd always been a smoker which won't have helped but was also a bricklayer and builder in times where no-one had heard of face masks. My mum can remember shaking out his working clothes of brick dust and cement every evening. He gave up smoking there and then but the damage had already been done.

Spent the best part of his last three years confined to a chair or bed.

Earlier this year he was diagnosed with suspected lung cancer and fought infection after infection before succumbing to a heart attack two weeks ago today. He was 58.

An utter c**t of an illness.

11 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I know, Xmas songs should be played at Easter.

They don't usually tell you who the band members are when they put on a tune, maybe my lugs are painted on.

Archived