Falkirk 0 v The Dobbie Machine.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wee_bairn said:

I thought your number 5 centre half was absolutely horrendous. He looked needlessly under pressure any time he had the ball at feet against a side who weren't playing any natural centre forwards. 

Yep Brownlie was at his bombscare best today.  He`s actually been a much improved player this season but he`s been poor of late. The absence of Fordyce has IMHO been a significant factor in our poor defensive play of late. 

Certainly looked like a penalty from where I was (the other end of the stadium, tbf). Kane had got the ball under control and looked to be barged over. I did think the ref was fuckin awful today
It would have been a penalty, had the Queen's player not originally been about 5 yards offside. This would have been due to him playing the ball out in the act of being flattened. Ref decision? Corner!
I can only assume that, for the first time in Scottish football, the defender getting his head to the through ball played him on?

Horrendous stuff yesterday. The fact it was only 3-2 was due to Falkirk not taking all the chances. Not sure where it has gone wrong for Martin but he’s prob the worst goalie in the division at the moment, but the defence hasn’t helped. From yesterday’s showing don’t think Kerr will be a great defensive loss (def not ready for the premiership). Just hope Jacobs and Fordyce get back soon. Only slight positive was JT who put in a good shift when he came on.

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I don`t know if Robinson is a better keeper than Dykes  ;)

He`s certainly better than Martin on the evidence thus far though,

Robinson has no where near martins ability,common denominator is the manager ,he's made two good goalies hated by the fans 

3 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Just watched the highlights ( ouch), but the penalty incident not included. Not that it makes much of a difference now but I would have liked a second look.

I for one am shocked it wasnt included in Falkirk's highlight package. :rolleyes:

Hopefully in ours.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I for one am shocked it wasnt included in Falkirk's highlight package. :rolleyes:

Hopefully in ours.

You need to watch what you're including in videos with these sneaky Dunfermline fans about. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Just watched the highlights ( ouch), but the penalty incident not included. Not that it makes much of a difference now but I would have liked a second look.

If it was ours you watched that was just the goals. There will be a fuller highlight package later today

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

:lol:

I don't think we'll be calling the Compliance Officer to complain about Paul Watson getting away with a foul in the box (if he actually did!).

Just looked to me that Watson flattened Kane after getting his head to the ball. Didn't look like a penalty but I wouldn't have been at all surprised if it had been given.

Guest Back Post Misses
I watched your full highlights package as well as your goals one this morning first thing. They are both on You Tube.

Had only seen the goals thanks

11 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Martin was a superb keeper for Sons ,what has happened ?

Wasn't helped by picking up an early season injury which, apart from our second choice keeper taking over for a  few cup games and a league game, he tried to play through.  This was a mistake by him and the management as his mobility and fitness were nowhere near good enough. He wasn't fit enough to train but was playing in games.  He definitely cost us points during this spell.  Now he is supposedly back to full fitness his performances have improved, but for the past couple of games for some reason he has looked shaky and indecisive, probably not helped by having a relatively young central defence in front of him,  but there seems to be a lack of confidence between them.  He also appears reluctant to command his area and come out for crosses which, considering his build and experience, shouldn't be too much to ask.  He was viewed by many as being an upgrade on Lee Robinson but his recent performances have a few doubting if that is really the case.    

Archived