Falkirk 0 v The Dobbie Machine.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

going from the second half queens comments 're us being closer to their penalty shout I take it thus means Rankin chose to shoot the non traditional way from kick off? if so our 3 goals were scored into the north end? wasn't there just interested as only queens and Morton seem to employ this tactic and worked well for queens last time

going from the second half queens comments 're us being closer to their penalty shout I take it thus means Rankin chose to shoot the non traditional way from kick off? if so our 3 goals were scored into the north end? wasn't there just interested as only queens and Morton seem to employ this tactic and worked well for queens last time
We shot into the South end first half and our 3 goals were into the home end which was a glorious sight to behold. Their penalty shout was 2nd half when they were 3-1 down.

We werent good (obviously) and Falkirk deserved their win. We offered nothing first half. Three goals were all criminal defending and Martin should do better with the first two at least. Still at 3-1 we had a glimmer of hope.
Surprised to see Falkirk fans posting they were comfortable second half. I thought they were anything but. They got deep, looked nervy and invited trouble, all of which is completely understandable in their present situation but they didnt look comfortable. Kane should have scored with a header before they criminally left Dobbie alone at a corner and were rescued by a fine save from the keeper. And then there was what appeared to me to be a stonewall penalty as Kane was shoved in the back. Falkirk fans you were a lot closer? It would have been a red card too and had it gone 3-2 it would have been a long half hour with ten men to cling on. When it wasnt given we seemed to lose a bit of heart and when Kerr finally did score off a terrific Murray cross it was too late.
Positives for us were another fine goal from Dobbie and a good showing from Thomson when he came on. He surely must start on Tuesday. 
The referees performance was probably summed up when the entire crowd heard Kane kicked on the shinpad in the last minute and he waved play on.

Certainly looked like a penalty from where I was (the other end of the stadium, tbf). Kane had got the ball under control and looked to be barged over. I did think the ref was fuckin awful today

1 minute ago, sidofthesouth said:

Certainly looked like a penalty from where I was (the other end of the stadium, tbf). Kane had got the ball under control and looked to be barged over. I did think the ref was fuckin awful today

Its a tough gig but usually when they have a poor game they are poor for both. I thought Falkirk got pretty much all the decisions. It looked a clear penalty to me but the Falkirk fans were closer. Hopefully the highlights will clear it up. The one on Kane in the closing seconds was as clear as you will ever see (or hear). How that wasnt given was beyond me.

We tried to take a quick free kick late in the second half but Alex Harris dribbled the ball away as Rooney tried to take it. When he eventually left it alone about 5 or 6 yards later Rooney went to take it and got told to take it back to where it should be and then he booked Rooney for complaining whilst saying nothing to Harris for dribbling the ball away in the first place!

Even the Hippolyte injury appeared to come from a foul BY Hippolyte that he waved play on at.

We didnt lose because the referee had a poor game but I thought he did have a really poor game.

Its a tough gig but usually when they have a poor game they are poor for both. I thought Falkirk got pretty much all the decisions. It looked a clear penalty to me but the Falkirk fans were closer. Hopefully the highlights will clear it up. The one on Kane in the closing seconds was as clear as you will ever see (or hear). How that wasnt given was beyond me.
We tried to take a quick free kick late in the second half but Alex Harris dribbled the ball away as Rooney tried to take it. When he eventually left it alone about 5 or 6 yards later Rooney went to take it and got told to take it back to where it should be and then he booked Rooney for complaining whilst saying nothing to Harris for dribbling the ball away in the first place!
Even the Hippolyte injury appeared to come from a foul BY Hippolyte that he waved play on at.
We didnt lose because the referee had a poor game but I thought he did have a really poor game.

Yes, the Rooney one at the end really was the icing on the cake of a terrible display by the ref. Dobbie actually spent much of the first half arguing with the ref over his decisions and it seemed to affect his own concentration. As u say, Falkirk deserved their victory but they aren't very good and we handed them victory today with an inept display.

38 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

It was never a penalty.  The manhandling of Hippo in the box in the first half, which we got a corner from, was as clear cut.

Archived