Falkirk 0 v The Dobbie Machine.

Guest Back Post Misses

Much more comfortable than the score suggests.

Sibbald was absolutely outstanding 2nd half. Back 3 certainly working.

Few failures and after the first 10 minute of QOS pressing 2nd half we were in control.

For QoS the RB was useless and Dobbie did nothing outside his free kick and moan all day.

On to EEP now with a bit of confidence and hopefully some fresh faces

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t begrudge Falkirk a win and a bit of gloating to lift their gloom (if only for a day or two). After all, they have given us a lot of pleasure this season. 

Enjoy your night Bairns and a Happy New Year to you all. 

This cooking sherry is marvellous. :)

Well worth the win especially with the unusual line up but we can't get carried away with beating a team of clugging journeymen.
Longridge outstanding, Sibbald and Taiwo ran the midfield and defence pretty comfortable again.
Harris needs to find another career.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
Falkirk fans playing a blinder with this "we can't score" patter.

In our defence, all of the other teams usually defend at corners

Our corners were superb today, we obviously have put work into the delivery

Decent first half today, the 2nd half was fukn torture, if we had another 10 mins in the game we wouldve dropped 2 pts at least

More positives today than negatives, Longridge and Taiwo easily our best two players and I find it hard to split them on who was better, both covered every blade of grass and worked their ass off. 

The squad is very threadbare an we need players in if we are getting rid of Miller, Kerr and Loy as well as the departed Austin, Hippo going off shown us up for what we have left as Harris seriously weakened us, so I hope we have a good 4 or so or more in for the Fifers game

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A cracking result for Falkirk today given their abortion of a season. Yet even with a good victory some are still more interested in slevvering over God. Pleasing.

6d3bb5dd601755fd3bc67209d0e501b1.jpg

His corner today will live with me for a long time......I hope we see it in the highlights

interesting that Alex Smith in the dug out today and we win,  Jimmy Nicholl with his reversible Falkirk/Rangers tammy hat seemed to be out the loop, so perhaps the auld yin no2 till end of the season

Imagine conceding 3 to us.  What a riddy.

Sibbald was immense today, and N’golo Taiwo was everywhere.  Easily our best performance of the season in the first half, albeit flattered by a bunch of hapless cheating c***s in Queens.  Hippo going off really changed it for us though,  any guile in forward runs disappeared.  Harris really is dreadful.  I had half expected Hippo to be released on Monday but that assumes he’d get another club, and I can’t see that if he’s injured.

Id forgotten what it’s like to enjoy a football match!

Thought we were excellent in the first half. There just seemed to be so much more space up the top than before. Hippo going off ended our attacking though. Looked like a broken leg. At times he frustrates the life out of you but there definitely is a player in him when he applies himself. Great boost before the Pars and the corner being passed straight out the park made my day [emoji23]

Obviously second half wasn’t quite as good as the first however it was all about making sure we kept the lead and tbh we still should’ve extended the lead with Harris missing a good couple of chances.

Not a failure from the starting 11 and the win was completely well deserved. Longridge was fantastic up front I really didn’t think he had a performance like that in him so fair play, Hippolyte was back to his best but looks like he took a real sore one potential broken leg maybe? Sibbald was the creative player we’ve been missing in the middle but he was equally good getting stuck in and his ability in the air is undeterred imo but the best player on the park for me was Tom Taiwo similar to his performance in our only other win at Morton he dominated the midfield and he was the reason Dobbie didn’t have an impact on the game from open play.

Only real negatives was the injury to Hippolyte which meant not only losing him but Alex Harris coming on who just isn’t good enough.

But tremendous fight showed throughout the game and hopefully this gives us the momentum to properly kick on now into the game on Tuesday.

Can’t quite get my head around that today.

On paper the worst line up I think I have ever seen with six defenders and no out and out strikers. Think this just confirms how little we all know re football sometimes.

Great performance for the first 44 minutes and I want to apologise to Mr Longridge who turned it all around today after his poor performance at Dumbarton. He was excellent especially first half when Hippo was around.

If Hippo was going elsewhere in the window that looks gone given what appears to be a nasty injury.

Goodness knows how we will line up at EEP!

Archived