The Invincibles v Forfar.

Hart has to get across to that free kick. It was well struck but should have been saved.

Don’t know what he’s doing at the 3rd goal. Seems to take an eternity to get down to it.

Two GK errors and pretty crap defending has cost us again.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Big Berk said:

Me gloating  :o The very opposite, its my reaction to what was until very recently the gloating centre of the universe

Not from me, I try and watch with a neutral eye and we were doing great to get the wins and scorelines we were managing, personally I think if all the teams had their full squads and brought their A game we'd win the league, that counts for nothing as everyone gets injuries and suspensions and A games aren't on show as often as a lot of fans seem to think, I certainly don't think Ayr or Raith should take any 3 points for granted this season.

7 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Hart has to get across to that free kick. It was well struck but should have been saved.

That's harsh on the 'keeper. 

He doesn't know if the free kick is going across him or near post and did pretty well by nearly getting there in the split second he had when he saw where the ball was going. 

Thought he went down in installments for Forfar's third though. 

McCallum had the game of his life there. Forfar looked like they were never in the game until their first goal. McCallum was actually training with us preseason looking to win a deal and we opted to go with Smith instead :lol:

Secondly, I had to laugh at the kid at Shankland’s goal( 4:20) saying “This is fucking shit” :lol:

And then on to Hart, a lot of Rovers fans saying that Ayr fans are being harsh on their keeper. I disagree. The first one was just a well struck free kick. The second goal though, Hart actually started rushing towards Aitken when his back was turned, therefore he can’t be beaten there. If he stayed on his line, he’d have probably saved, therefore coming off his line, he has to get it.

The third was so far out that he should never be beaten with a ball along the ground that wasn’t that hard a shot to deal with anyway.

If that was Graeme Smith at both of those goals, I’d be screaming at him, so imo, it’s entirely justified the stick he’d be getting after that.

McCallum looks like he was terrific for us again, given he had a back line of on loan midfielder, centre half, retired assistant manager and trialist he needed to.Great to see some of those guys get some reward in what's been a shocking season do far.

Highlight has to be the foul mouthed urchin near the mic though.

McCallum looks like he was terrific for us again, given he had a back line of on loan midfielder, centre half, retired assistant manager and trialist he needed to.Great to see some of those guys get some reward in what's been a shocking season do far.

Highlight has to be the foul mouthed urchin near the mic though.

Urchin? The boy sounded like he was 10 year old for f**k sake [emoji23]

10 hours ago, jm86 said:

What's this crap about Airdrie under 20s.   Only two of the starting eleven had less than 10 first team appearances.  Do you play your under 20s every week.? 

You Airdrie roasters make Morton fans look intelligent. 

Don't think it matters how many first team games they have played! :shutup

And they do play every week, but they are still U20's :rolleyes:

Up to yesterday just about the biggest smash and grab I’d witnessed was our 2-2 draw at Dumbarton last season. Never in the game after Docherty got a red in the first half.  Down 2-0 after 90 minutes and stole a 2-2 draw in injury time. A total travesty but felt great for us. 

The difference with yesterday was that Dumbarton, while on top most of the game had not created many chances. Our goalie hadn’t that many saves to make. Yesterday their goalie made six or seven outstanding saves and a couple of more routine ones.  In the first 30 minutes of the second half we must have had about 16 shots on goal with 8 or 9 on target. Meanwhile Forfar had one or two shots with none on target. Then in the last 15 they somehow conjure up 3 shots on target , all going in. The big guy Aitken had played 130 minutes (he came on at half time in our 5-0 win up at Forfar) against us without looking vaguely threatening, then suddenly scores two well taken goals in 5 minutes and that’s that. Another total travesty. 

Archived