The Invincibles v Forfar.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we had won 6-7 nil I don't think Forfar could have complained, they had 3 shots on goal and all 3 went in, Hart didn't make a save all afternoon.....well, apart from the one going 3 metres wide he flung himself at and gave away a corner. 

Forfar defended well in the first half and gave up after half time, I've not seen a goalkeeping performance like that in a while. Thought the wide players didn't work today and I would rather have taken one of them off for Adams at half time if Geggan hadn't been injured. Gilmour and Geggan had no bite and it was allowing Forfar a free run at the defence in the first half.

The Forfar number 2's celebration at the end was a bit bizarre, ran over to the touchline and started screaming yas at the half a dozen Ayr fans left round there,  he wasn't important enough to get abuse so I'm not sure why he did it. he could maybe have done it in front of the fans who travelled for 3 hours to see him play. 

If we had won 6-7 nil I don't think Forfar could have complained, they had 3 shots on goal and all 3 went in, Hart didn't make a save all afternoon.....well, apart from the one going 3 metres wide he flung himself at and gave away a corner. 
Forfar defended well in the first half and gave up after half time, I've not seen a goalkeeping performance like that in a while. Thought the wide players didn't work today and I would rather have taken one of them off for Adams at half time if Geggan hadn't been injured. Gilmour and Geggan had no bite and it was allowing Forfar a free run at the defence in the first half.
The Forfar number 2's celebration at the end was a bit bizarre, ran over to the touchline and started screaming yas at the half a dozen Ayr fans left round there,  he wasn't important enough to get abuse so I'm not sure why he did it. he could maybe have done it in front of the fans who travelled for 3 hours to see him play. 

I thought the wide players were great today. Especially Forrest, he looked like the wee boy that burst onto the scene a few years ago again. Probably his best performance this season. Just unlucky not to score.

28 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dunfermline player loving getting one over on Ayr.

Regardless of how the game played out today, that must be the result of the season so far. Bottom of the league, not a full subs bench, playing youngsters and against the full time top of the league superstars from the west coast who were cruising at 2-0 up till fairly late on. Saturday nights don't get much better than that. Well done the Loons.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

3 shots on target, 3 goals......excellent strike rate. I'm sure Ayr expected to win by 6 or 7 so it sounds as if your side and manager were a little complacent at 2-0, probably with good reason.

Let's give Forfar some credit here. Major injury crisis, a number of youngsters playing and a team in awful form, 2-0 down but despite all this, turned it round to beat a full time team 3-2. 

Away the Loons!! 

29 minutes ago, Port Talbot Loons said:

3 shots on target, 3 goals......excellent strike rate. I'm sure Ayr expected to win by 6 or 7 so it sounds as if your side and manager were a little complacent at 2-0, probably with good reason.

Let's give Forfar some credit here. Major injury crisis, a number of youngsters playing and a team in awful form, 2-0 down but despite all this, turned it round to beat a full time team 3-2. 

Away the Loons!! 

Airdrie U20's beat them last week :lol:

6 hours ago, ayrmad said:

That's the correct level of gloating, I think there's a lot more egg on face to come from both sets of fans.

Me gloating  :o The very opposite, its my reaction to what was until very recently the gloating centre of the universe

What's this crap about Airdrie under 20s.   Only two of the starting eleven had less than 10 first team appearances.  Do you play your under 20s every week.? 

You Airdrie roasters make Morton fans look intelligent. 

Archived