The Invincibles v Forfar.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I take full credit for this result today.

Seriously considering starting Ayr's next match thread for Tuesday..

No it wasn't you mate, it was our manager, goalkeeper and the crap defence to blame for today's result,  I can't even blame our midfield because they haven't been anywhere to be seen for weeks now.

I think putting a title up The Invincibles on a public forum you deserve everything you get whether it’s meant in tongue and cheek or not, I for one will brag at the end of the season if we win the league but certainly not just now. It was the injuries last week, now it’s the managers fault every team in the league can use that excuse just except it Ayr has been poor end of and credit should go to Forfar who i believe only had one recognised defender available today.

I think putting a title up The Invincibles on a public forum you deserve everything you get whether it’s meant in tongue and cheek or not, I for one will brag at the end of the season if we win the league but certainly not just now. It was the injuries last week, now it’s the managers fault every team in the league can use that excuse just except it Ayr has been poor end of and credit should go to Forfar who i believe only had one recognised defender available today.

It was a Raith fan

Quite rightly every Ayr fan will be seething at that result and every other fan will be having a quick gloat. In the space of a week we have virtually handed the title to Raith.  Theirs to lose now.  

However, once the seething and gloating are over, it is indisputable that Forfar were incredibly lucky to win that game.  On another day that could have easily been six or seven nil to Ayr. The stats tell their own story. But that’s football. You get lucky wins and unlucky defeats all the time.  That, however, is the  luckiest win I’ve seen in decades of watching football. It was very hard to believe at the end.  Two nil up with 17 minutes to go,  cruising against a team at the bottom of the league that had averaged less than a goal a game and had already lost 8-0 to us over two games this season. What could possibly go wrong.  Even I, as a born pessimist when it comes to football, reckoned it was in the bag.  Normally I’m only comfortable when we’re 3 ahead with 5 minutes to go, but Forfar had been so toothless it was hard to imagine them scoring one, let alone three.

The only slightly disappointing thing was that we hadn’t scored at least six. Their goalie had one those days where he was stopping everything.  Maybe it was just a lucky day for him, but it was the best display of goalkeeping I’ve seen in many years. Then our always suspect defence decided to go haywire and let Forfar have 3 shots on goal, all of which went in.  Our goalie was very suspect at two of them.  So I suppose it boiled down to a game of two goalies.

Amazing how often in football a good run is followed by a bad one when it ends.  We can’t afford to let that continue . It will be hard to regain confidence after that absolute disaster but Stranraer on Tuesday has suddenly become a must win game. 

14 minutes ago, Ayrfan1910 said:

It was a Raith fan

Well I take that back then , however many Ayr fans have fuelled that fire in recent weeks regarding how your going to run away with the league hence the Invincibles tag, you only have to go back the many threads to discover how many narrowed minded fans Ayr have considering we weren’t half way through the season and already the champagne corks were popping within certain sections.

On another day that could have easily been six or seven nil to Ayr.

This isn’t even a Killie/Ayr thing (because you almost always hump us) but that is an extremely strange thing to say.

By that logic, on another day, any team could beat any other team 50-0.

Archived