Elimination Diets

Jamaldo

Recently decided to cut dairy completely out of my diet due to skin problems (acne, redness), and I already feel like I'm seeing a difference. It hasn't been hard as I had already cut out cow's milk a year ago with only a couple of lapses but decided to take it further. The only problem could be eating out and I'm going out for xmas dinner and don't want to be the fussy c**t at the table but I'm taking it seriously.

Has anyone else ever tried an elimination diet? Is there anyone who has to avoid a certain group of products for medical reasons (coelliacs etc)? Is it a giant pain in the arse? It feels easy right now but I will admit the thought of no more cheese ever is giving me the fear.

Wife has ulcerative colitis. There was a suggestion that cows milk could cause problems with this so she now only has UHT milk in tea. Obviously she is on medication for her illness but since we changed the milk she has not had too many flare ups so she will stick with the UHT. It might not be the change in milk that has made the difference but as long as things are ok then UHT milk will stay on the shopping list.

28 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

Recently decided to cut dairy completely out of my diet due to skin problems (acne, redness), and I already feel like I'm seeing a difference. It hasn't been hard as I had already cut out cow's milk a year ago with only a couple of lapses but decided to take it further. The only problem could be eating out and I'm going out for xmas dinner and don't want to be the fussy c**t at the table but I'm taking it seriously.

Has anyone else ever tried an elimination diet? Is there anyone who has to avoid a certain group of products for medical reasons (coelliacs etc)? Is it a giant pain in the arse? It feels easy right now but I will admit the thought of no more cheese ever is giving me the fear.

Has anyone had pizza on Xmas day and furthermore used scissors to cut if.

My wife was told she needed to lose weight to help us have a baby, so she looked into various diets and decided to cut out sugar almost entirely from her diet.  She was also diagnosed with IBS so has cut out dairy to help with that.  She is now down to the same weight she was more than ten years ago, in excellent health and we are expecting our son in February.

We both slipped into a pretty crappy diet, eating a lot of snacks and processed food but since we started eating this way (for around 18 months) it's made a massive difference.  So many foods you buy are stuffed with sugar, like breakfast cereals or packet sauces, and you don't realise it.  We've also started eating a lot more healthy fats, which taste good and satiate you more, as opposed to sugars and processed foods.  I'm not as strict about it as my wife is, mainly because I work in an office and it's so easy to end up snacking on shite.  I'm making more of an effort though and will do when our son comes, as I want to set him a good example about exercise and diet.

It's been interesting to see the reaction of some of our friends to the changes, it's funny how people often react strangely to someone losing weight, changing their diet.  Some people are almost pissed off at her for it, it's very odd.

My wife was told she needed to lose weight to help us have a baby, so she looked into various diets and decided to cut out sugar almost entirely from her diet.  She was also diagnosed with IBS so has cut out dairy to help with that.  She is now down to the same weight she was more than ten years ago, in excellent health and we are expecting our son in February.
We both slipped into a pretty crappy diet, eating a lot of snacks and processed food but since we started eating this way (for around 18 months) it's made a massive difference.  So many foods you buy are stuffed with sugar, like breakfast cereals or packet sauces, and you don't realise it.  We've also started eating a lot more healthy fats, which taste good and satiate you more, as opposed to sugars and processed foods.  I'm not as strict about it as my wife is, mainly because I work in an office and it's so easy to end up snacking on shite.  I'm making more of an effort though and will do when our son comes, as I want to set him a good example about exercise and diet.
It's been interesting to see the reaction of some of our friends to the changes, it's funny how people often react strangely to someone losing weight, changing their diet.  Some people are almost pissed off at her for it, it's very odd.

I get mocked constantly at work for eating healthy and trying to improve my general health. Arseholes.

I'm trying to eat more greens too which is tricky as I hate them. Asparagus is my go-to at the moment for that.

4 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I eliminated everything except Quavers and the results have been quite remarkable. I'm fitter than ever, leaner than ever and getting the weekly shop from the back of the Kia to the pantry is an absolute breeze.

Are you Jimmy Calderwood?

8 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I eliminated everything except Quavers and the results have been quite remarkable. I'm fitter than ever, leaner than ever and getting the weekly shop from the back of the Kia to the pantry is an absolute breeze.

Removing the shopping from a Kia will halve the value of the car!

Edited by statts1976uk
Blooming predictive text!

9 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Glad the quavers diets working out for you.  I managed 105lbs in only 14 weeks.  

For me the key was not buying the (cheaper) 24pack, instead buying a 15pack.   

I liked the idea that once I had finished my 15th packed of the day I was done.  A bigger multipack could have led to overeating and a slower weightloss.