Peterhead v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gave us a good game. A draw was looking a fair result as we were the poorer in the first half.

I hope Jason Brown celebrated with the away fan who thought it funny to have a go at him every time he was near him. You wasn’t funny but if that’s what impresses the woman in your life. [emoji106]

I dont know who he was not sure i have seen him before but assume he must be a Cowden fan the way he was acting.

Including his lady friend that makes 15 away fans I counted

Really good performance today - didn't deserve to lose that and straight red card for violent conduct was mystifying to me

Totally agree. I thought we looked more like winning it than losing it in the last few mins.

Didnt really see what Robbie did in the exchange but Gibson was giving out plenty so if Robbie was a straight red so too should Gibson have been.

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Really good performance today - didn't deserve to lose that and straight red card for violent conduct was mystifying to me

2 hours ago, wulliemc said:

Totally agree. I thought we looked more like winning it than losing it in the last few mins.

Didnt really see what Robbie did in the exchange but Gibson was giving out plenty so if Robbie was a straight red so too should Gibson have been.

Should have been another yellow for him just for continually picking up the ball and walking away.  The red was clearly for throwing out his arm at Gibson as he tried to get the ball back, foolish red card but then the ref had a mare today.  I think he may also have been confused with our shooting continually going over the bar and thought he was at the rugby, there could be no other reason for his ignoring of the two rugby tackles from Cowdenbeath players in the first half.  The second of which was as clear a penalty as you will ever see.

In saying all that, if we had managed to get a draw out of that game then I would consider it lucky.  To take all three points was robbery and Cowdenbeath deserved to come away with at least a point today.  Although I will be making the trip down to Montrose, it is with much trepidation as we will need to up our game (or rely on luck) to get anything from it.

That first half was painful and showed again how poor we are at breaking teams down. Credit to Cowden though who passed the ball around really well and cut us open a few times, they didn't look like a bottom of the table team apart from when their discipline started to go in the second half. As said above for the red card the Cowden player swung his arm although I thought it looked like he was trying to knock the ball away rather than hit someone so maybe a bit unlucky.

Credit to the players for pushing until the end but I am not sure we deserved more than a point out of that game.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Whilst that may be the case, on this occasion you are deflecting the blame from the real culprit.

Never saw what happened, but if Robbie elbowed anyone, he deserves what’s coming, but he’s the last player in the team that would do something like that. He gets more than his fair share of rough treatment.

Spoiler

We had a few decent moves when we played the ball on the deck & moved it fairly quickly but did not do nearly often enough, as has been mentioned in general Cowden looked more of a football side for a fair bit of the game. The main plus is the heads did not drop & eventually we got our reward. It would be interesting to know how many folk went home thinking it ended 2-2 as quite a number left before the end.

Guest TOPFITTER

1st half belonged to Cowdenbeath, second to Peterhead. Cowdens time-wasting measures almost got them a point but ultimately cost them a player, (Gibson tussles to get ball back Buchanan strikes out in retaliation = Red Card) and ultimately the match due to being down to ten.

Massive improvement Bollan has made in a short time but how often has it been said a team is too good to go down but does? Rumsby and the boy with the Pony Tail Cowden's stand-outs for me any chance The Blue Toon can swap Russel McLean (14) for Rumsby, McLean adds the square root of Feck All to Peterhead surely the manager must be ready to get shot !!!

I'll bet Jim McInally would be happy to get 3 points every game while only playing for 1 half, it's becoming a staple at Balmoor, just wonders how many points they will pick up when playing for 90 !!!!

17 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

1st half belonged to Cowdenbeath, second to Peterhead. Cowdens time-wasting measures almost got them a point but ultimately cost them a player, (Gibson tussles to get ball back Buchanan strikes out in retaliation = Red Card) and ultimately the match due to being down to ten.

Massive improvement Bollan has made in a short time but how often has it been said a team is too good to go down but does? Rumsby and the boy with the Pony Tail Cowden's stand-outs for me any chance The Blue Toon can swap Russel McLean (14) for Rumsby, McLean adds the square root of Feck All to Peterhead surely the manager must be ready to get shot !!!

I'll bet Jim McInally would be happy to get 3 points every game while only playing for 1 half, it's becoming a staple at Balmoor, just wonders how many points they will pick up when playing for 90 !!!!

We had Rumsby a few seasons ago, I thought he was good when at Stranraer against us but it did not work out for him at Balmoor, Cowdens No8 with the pony tail certainly put himself about & looked decent. Agree Russell Mclean has been given a chance starting a few games now is maybe the time for him to take a seat on the bench for a while. Good to see Paul Cairney get on for a short spell as if getting his fitness level up he could make a big difference in the second half of the season. Don't know if we are leaving the wrong players back when we have corners/free-kicks as a number of times we end up losing a goal from that situation, yesterday from our set piece Cowden broke & got passed around four missed tackles before scoring, this has happened against various teams so something we need to address.

Guest TOPFITTER
22 hours ago, edinbugercowden said:

Gibson has never changed cheating C==t 

From an opposition supporter that actually attended the game I guess he would take that as a compliment, From some disgruntled Fifer who could be watching Lowland League Football next season and appears to hold some grudge it'll be water off a duck's back !!!

Bet his good mate Rumsby is chuckling at your comments LOL

15 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

From an opposition supporter that actually attended the game I guess he would take that as a compliment, From some disgruntled Fifer who could be watching Lowland League Football next season and appears to hold some grudge it'll be water off a duck's back !!!

Bet his good mate Rumsby is chuckling at your comments LOL

You make a good point TP can hardly slag the boy off about what he did/didn't if you wern't there. I wasn't up so no comment from me unless I see a video of the game.

EC probably dislikes him as he played for the Pars:lol:

Archived