The Investment Thread

Dindeleux

Probably, but there was a huge campaign to short it before, including loons trying to crash their test cars. The madness goes both ways.

Hedge funds have been losing money shorting Tesla for years. Is it over valued? Who knows. People have been calling tech stocks over valued for 20 years now, they still keep going up.
Maybe they’ll be right one day.
The reality is no one can time the market and anyone who tells you they can is lying to you.

Since Melvin have closed the position on shorting GME, I do wonder if any further Reddit chat of investment in them is a bluff. I did read that BlackRock actually had a huge amount of shares in GME prior to all of this, yesterday would have been the perfect time to dump that, I'm not sure if they did.  

If the same closing/opening of trade happens again today, I don't think I would get involved. It's tempting to back AMC, but I'd be poised to get out fast. 

Best of luck to those that are going for it. 

15 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

That’s me out as well. Only made about 50 quid. 50 quid more than I had yesterday though. If Bairnardo is the hamster then I must be the shrew.

Aye, it was a shrew(d) investment.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Bailed on AMC with a 100 pound profit off 250. GIRFUY billionaires

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

That’s me out as well. Only made about 50 quid. 50 quid more than I had yesterday though. If Bairnardo is the hamster then I must be the shrew.

Unfortunately for those with a lot invested in this, the above is a natural behaviour when it starts to drop, but is also the reason for big drops. If everyone had the balls to keep what they’ve got when there is a short position to be recovered, then the price would escalate, but when people panic like the above it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.