West Region 6th & 13th January

andy25

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to note that neither Glencairn nor Kello Rovers have a fixture listed for 13th January, despite us still having to play each other twice. There may well be a very good reason for that, can anyone from Kello advise ?

Pathetic
Why is it pathetic ? I don't understand ? There was no point in the guy putting fixtures out until there was a tiny bit of hope of the Scottish 3rd round ties being played and finally the weather looks far better this Saturday hence the guy maybe giving us more fixtures , looks like the guy is using common sense to me ?

4 hours ago, theshed said:
10 hours ago, archieb said:
Pathetic

Why is it pathetic ? I don't understand ? There was no point in the guy putting fixtures out until there was a tiny bit of hope of the Scottish 3rd round ties being played and finally the weather looks far better this Saturday hence the guy maybe giving us more fixtures , looks like the guy is using common sense to me ?

It's pathetic because the Constitution and Rules which clubs get heavily fined for contravening instruct the GS to release fixtures to March no later than the end of November!

He is exercising a level of discretion that he does not possess to override those rules, defying the will of the clubs - no doubt expecting to do so with impunity.

Question is, what ARE the clubs going to do about it?

5 hours ago, theshed said:
11 hours ago, archieb said:
Pathetic

No logic in that put fixtures outtill end of March leaving scottish weekend free soon as ties are complete he can add in other fixtures that's using common sense not, dribbling a few out as he can't be arsed.

Creating fixtures that are inevitably going to be cancelled is the equivalent of sending someone on work experience for a can of tartan paint and a packet of sky hooks. Great fun if you have a work experience dafty to rip the pish out of but a bit foolish if you're actually doing it yourself. 

15 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Creating fixtures that are inevitably going to be cancelled is the equivalent of sending someone on work experience for a can of tartan paint and a packet of sky hooks. Great fun if you have a work experience dafty to rip the pish out of but a bit foolish if you're actually doing it yourself. 

But but but we want to know who our game is going to be cancelled against before it gets cancelled......

21 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

But but but we want to know who our game is going to be cancelled against before it gets cancelled......

I get the feeling some of them complaining are in charge of the left handed screwdriver cupboard at their works tbh. 

No logic in that put fixtures outtill end of March leaving scottish weekend free soon as ties are complete he can add in other fixtures that's using common sense not, dribbling a few out as he can't be arsed.
The first week we were due to play crossgates then we were issued with four league games straight after it ;

Phase one = Crossgates
Phase two = League game .
Phase three = League game
Phase four = league game
Phase five = league game

Phase one off numerous times ,therefore we never even got near phase two and the whole thing was fucked [emoji23] And people want the guy to issue fixtures to march and all season long , guys it simply can't happen in the juniors with our pitches ; the Scottish climate and most importantly our lack of floodlights which render midweek games impossible in the winter months[emoji2]

25 minutes ago, theshed said:

The first week we were due to play crossgates then we were issued with four league games straight after it ;

Phase one = Crossgates
Phase two = League game .
Phase three = League game
Phase four = league game
Phase five = league game

Phase one off numerous times ,therefore we never even got near phase two and the whole thing was fucked emoji23.png And people want the guy to issue fixtures to march and all season long , guys it simply can't happen in the juniors with our pitches ; the Scottish climate and most importantly our lack of floodlights which render midweek games impossible in the winter monthsemoji2.png

Whether the weather is bad or not makes no difference at all its his job end of,  if games are postponed there postponed makes no difference it just moves on to the next week. Come end of March he will have to factor in the called off games. Nobody thinks for a minute all games will make it every week but the bare minimum he should be doing what he's employed to do.

Christmas No 1 single on the Pie and Bovril charts the duo of Glens Mad and Archie B with 'But its in the constitution' from the album 'Things have got to done by the book'

Appearing live at the Rutherglen Club on Christmas Eve if not postponed due to weather conditions. The duo will be announcing their  touring schedule for the next 3 months in April.

Bing.jpg

16 minutes ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

Christmas No 1 single on the Pie and Bovril charts the duo of Glens Mad and Archie B with 'But its in the constitution' from the album 'Things have got to done by the book'

Appearing live at the Rutherglen Club on Christmas Eve if not postponed due to weather conditions. The duo will be announcing their  touring schedule for the next 3 months in April.

Bing.jpg

Where can I get tickets?? Are they on sale yet?? Why are the dates not up yet?? I`m trying to book a taxi to get there? How am I supposed to book a taxi without the dates being up on the website?? Why can`t they just tweet the dates out live or something?? Will they be singing "But what are the clubs going to do about it" or " Pathetic" on this tour?? Will they will they.. eh eh eh............

The fact remains that promises that couldn’t be delivered shouldn’t have been given in the first place. However, assuming that this assurance of fixturing until March was given as part of some sort of election manifesto, anyone who knows anything about junior parks during winter should have known it was unworkable and so were daft to vote on that basis.

That was in Spring/Summer, so could kind of been forgiven. To be sitting now, on the back of a three or four week cancellation and STILL be asking for weeks of fixtures is just folly.

I take all of these points on board and yes I can see the argument from both sides.

But the only factual thing that we have to work from is what are the rules.

The weather has been poor at this time of year and there have been multiple cancellations at some point of the season for as long as I can remember, yet the clubs still voted at the AGM by a huge majority for the new advanced fixtures arrangement.

Now, it is clear that many on here think that is unworkable, and perhaps the West Region powers-that-be agree with that opinion, it certainly appears so. However, the only way that they can prove that is doesn't work is to do what the rules say and implement the new agreement. If it all falls apart then fair enough we think again at the summer's AGM.

You can't prove something doesn't work that has never been tried. It appears that there has been no attempt whatsoever to implement this new rule so far.

Just sticking to the old way of doing it because we think it won't work any other way is not proof that a new way wouldn't work.

Interestingly, our u17  team already have their fixtures right through to May, and they play on grass pitches most weekends.

17 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The fact remains that promises that couldn’t be delivered shouldn’t have been given in the first place. However, assuming that this assurance of fixturing until March was given as part of some sort of election manifesto, anyone who knows anything about junior parks during winter should have known it was unworkable and so were daft to vote on that basis.

That was in Spring/Summer, so could kind of been forgiven. To be sitting now, on the back of a three or four week cancellation and STILL be asking for weeks of fixtures is just folly.

A surprisingly clueless comment.

Advance fixture setting was proposed by the clubs at this year's AGM and approved by a huge majority.

The problem is that the person left in charge of implementing that decision is neither willing to nor capable of doing so.

What's desperately needed is for him to be replaced asap by someone with the talent and vision to do the job properly!

21 minutes ago, archieb said:

A surprisingly clueless comment.

Advance fixture setting was proposed by the clubs at this year's AGM and approved by a huge majority.

The problem is that the person left in charge of implementing that decision is neither willing to nor capable of doing so.

What's desperately needed is for him to be replaced asap by someone with the talent and vision to do the job properly!

I know this. Fact remains that fixturing that far in advance is always going to be notional in the Juniors. 

I do take glensmad’s point though that they were promised so an attempt should have been made. 

Also, you come across as very uppity, or indeed snotty. Is that what you’re trying for? 

Archived