Cowden vs Stenny

Looks like this game is going ahead. Much as I like the football, would probably have preferred this to have been off to give Paton a chance to be fit. I am guessing he will be unavailable which will be a blow.

Not expecting a great spectacle tonight.

Delighted that the game is on tonight.  Will be a tough match but nothing can stop the Gary Bollan express.  A comfortable 6-0 win for us.

Fully expecting a 2-0 loss to be honest.  Feeling positive with Gary's comment in the paper about the players coming in for extra nights of training recently to keep fresh.  Fingers crossed we can get at least a point tonight. Hopefully an early goal from Muirhead to give the team some confidence.

1 minute ago, The Minertaur said:

Delighted that the game is on tonight.  Will be a tough match but nothing can stop the Gary Bollan express.  A comfortable 6-0 win for us.

Fully expecting a 2-0 loss to be honest.  Feeling positive with Gary's comment in the paper about the players coming in for extra nights of training recently to keep fresh.  Fingers crossed we can get at least a point tonight. Hopefully an early goal from Muirhead to give the team some confidence.

I didn't expect it to be on and planned on doing something else now i'll have to go to the game:lol: 

Stenny looked quite dangerous in the 1st half at City on Saturday and should really have been further ahead - a tough night ahead for us. A good incentive for us is a win and we finally get off the bottom but a hard game ahead.

At least Davie Syme will finally get his suspension finished - god that's dragged on and on:lol:

I think it would be fair to say Cowden rode their luck tonight. We had so many chances that they have all just merged into one big goalmouth stramash. But that was as good an example as any as to why we won't win this league. Dropping far too many points due to our inability to put teams away. That felt like a defeat.

8 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

I think it would be fair to say Cowden rode their luck tonight. We had so many chances that they have all just merged into one big goalmouth stramash. But that was as good an example as any as to why we won't win this league. Dropping far too many points due to our inability to put teams away. That felt like a defeat.

You won’t win the league because you aren’t good enough. Big and strong, yip. Direct route to goal football, yip. Flair and guile, nope. 

Keep grinding away though, and you can stay top 4.

As for us, a couple of the right players especially a forward and we can survive.

We can thank McGurn for keeping us in it tonight.

We were pretty good to watch in the first half and took a deserved lead. We could have had a couple before half time. Then the 2nd half came and we reverted back to the Cowden side we'd been used to seeing for the last while. In spite of this, there has been a noticeable difference in attitude and fight in the side. We are showing more spirit and when we get the ball down and play, we can hurt teams. The long ball just does not work for us however.

All in all, a good point tonight. Special mention to yet another completely inept referee too.

You won’t win the league because you aren’t good enough. Big and strong, yip. Direct route to goal football, yip. Flair and guile, nope. 
Keep grinding away though, and you can stay top 4.
As for us, a couple of the right players especially a forward and we can survive.

Our flair and guile was sitting on the bench, injured. Anybody who has seen him play will know that. I’m guessing you haven’t.

We won’t win the league because we don’t score enough goals, whether we play with flair and guile, or direct route to goal football.

No idea what is going on with Jamie Longworth. It looks like the football equivalent of the yips.

Really was a game of 2 halves thought we maybe just edged it the 1st half but really needed a 2nd goal. Stenny were pretty direct in the 2nd half pumping balls into the Cowden box and we had Davie McGurn to thank for a point in the end.

GB has come into Central Park and inherited a limited squad which I think he has managed to get more out of than others earlier in the season, I reckon a month ago we would have folded the 2nd half under the pressure and lost the game.

It will be interesting to see who he manages to bring in during the January transfer window.

Happy with the point in the end. We played well in the first half but struggled with their high long ball amd height in the second. Still a huge improvement on only a handful of games ago.  Mcgurn played well. Muirhead worked heard and helped with the goal but in the second half could do nothing with the high balls punted up. We did play some quite good stuff when we did get it on the deck.

Being honest, we weren’t at the races today and plain and simply weren’t good enough. Had a period in the last twenty where we did dominate but by then it was too little too late.

Fair play to cowden, they didn’t look like a team sitting where they are in the league. They bossed us and pushed us around.

What was frustrating was that while Bollan and Co were screaming tactics to their team and getting subs warmed up. Bomber stood there, only should I noticed was him shouting come on. Subs were coming on with out actually warming up. Are these guys getting paid to stand there like Sunday league coaches, or are they going to coach and motivate the team. As that was not what was on offer tonight.

8 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Our flair and guile was sitting on the bench, injured. Anybody who has seen him play will know that. I’m guessing you haven’t.

We won’t win the league because we don’t score enough goals, whether we play with flair and guile, or direct route to goal football.

No idea what is going on with Jamie Longworth. It looks like the football equivalent of the yips.

So you’re agreeing you don’t think you’re good enough.

If you don’t score enough goals that means you aren’t good enough as that’s the main idea of the game.

So you’re agreeing you don’t think you’re good enough.
If you don’t score enough goals that means you aren’t good enough as that’s the main idea of the game.

Yes, I’m agreeing with myself. As are you it seems. So what point is it you’re trying to make?

Archived