Kilmarnock v THEM

This will be a measure of the progress of the team, I reckon.   Sevco will be more dangerous given their defeat at the weekend, but it will depend what team turns up - the one that played Aberdeen, or the one that played Accies and St Johnstone.  Hopefully  the latter.

If we play to our abilities, I reckon we can nick it 1 - 0.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Fide said:

This will be a measure of the progress of the team, I reckon.   Sevco will be more dangerous given their defeat at the weekend, but it will depend what team turns up - the one that played Aberdeen, or the one that played Accies and St Johnstone.  Hopefully  the latter.

If we play to our abilities, I reckon we can nick it 1 - 0.

I think we will need to keep it tighter at the back as we are still allowing teams too many chances against us. 

Think Brophy could be a danger to them with his movement. 

This will be the eighth time we've played Re-Rangers and we're yet to record our first win.  Not confident at all here unfortunately.  Already expecting a large visiting crowd, and after their most recent of humiliations I've a horrible feeling that they'll be out to get a bit of a reaction.

0-2 :(

There for the taking! 

Brophy and Boyd were relentless at the weekend, they will get much more joy out of Rangers defence than Motherwell who were solid for most parts. 

I think Dicker needs dropped for this one... Mulumbu and Power in the middle with Jones and Burke on the wings. Kiltie on for the last half hour and I'd love to see Frizzel on the bench for this one too get him on for the last 15. 

3-2 Killie. Merry Christmas. 

I couldn't disagree more about Dicker.  I thought he did a very good job in the first hour on Saturday, although he tired towards the end.  Most importantly, he's a calm presence in possession - he's always looking to bring the ball down, slow the pace and play a nice pass.  That is crucial against a team like Rangers who will try to play a high tempo and pressure us on the ball.

The ball was being hoofed from one end to the other for the first for the first hour...I would drop Dicker before Mulumba and Power. I think we need width and pace to optimise counter attacks. Dicker hasn't been great the last few games and seriously lacks fitness, he isn't as talented as Malumba and is scared to tackle thats why I'd drop him. Having 3 similar players in the middle with limited out balls doesn't seem like a very positive formation against a team we should be looking to take 3 points from. Rangers will score goals against us, we need to focus on scoring more than them rather than slowing the game down and having a high pass completion in the middle of the park. 

I agree with craigkillie, Dicker should be one of the first names on the team sheet for this match. He still isn't 100%, but you just have to look at our results since he has returned, to see how important he is to the team. 

He certainly made an impact on return but we were in a much worse place then. The last 3 games he hasn't really been up to scratch. Mulumba's fitness increase in a week makes me confident enough he could play 90 at the weekend and he is a far more creative and talented player than Dicker. 

Would you play the same team as last week against Rangers? 

Archived