Airdrie v The Invincibles

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Same old Ayr”

Nearly fell off my chair laughing at that one. Coming from a supporter of a team which, over the years, has been noted for its thuggery, that was rich in the extreme.  Plus, the referee today was a total plonker, bad even by the standards of this league.  Gave the impression he was trying to protect the wee Aidrie snowflakes from the big, bad Ayr boys.  They only had to fall over to get a free kick.

Airdrie’s young boys did play well today but were a bit fortunate that we had one of those days where things just didn’t come off for us.  One of the notable things about our 7 away wins this season has been our clinical finishing. We’ve won games by 3, 4 or 5 goals where we’ve had less possession than the opposition, because we’ve made the most of our chances. Today was the exception. 20 shots, only 3 on target and zero goals tells its own story.  Had to happen sometime.

The most important thing is how we react to this. Fortunately it’s Forfar at home next Saturday, which, on paper, is the easiest game we could hope for.  We grubbed them 5-0 up there so you would think we can beat them at home.  As we know, games aren’t won on paper, so I wouldn’t be over confident. We really need to get Docherty and Crawford back, which along with Adams would give us a proper midfield for the first time in weeks. Adams only being able to play on grass is a real pain. It means he misses 8 away games which is nearly quarter of a season’s worth.

“Same old Ayr”
Nearly fell off my chair laughing at that one. Coming from a supporter of a team which, over the years, has been noted for its thuggery, that was rich in the extreme.  Plus, the referee today was a total plonker, bad even by the standards of this league.  Gave the impression he was trying to protect the wee Aidrie snowflakes from the big, bad Ayr boys.  They only had to fall over to get a free kick.
Airdrie’s young boys did play well today but were a bit fortunate that we had one of those days where things just didn’t come off for us.  One of the notable things about our 7 away wins this season has been our clinical finishing. We’ve won games by 3, 4 or 5 goals where we’ve had less possession than the opposition, because we’ve made the most of our chances. Today was the exception. 20 shots, only 3 on target and zero goals tells its own story.  Had to happen sometime.
The most important thing is how we react to this. Fortunately it’s Forfar at home next Saturday, which, on paper, is the easiest game we could hope for.  We grubbed them 5-0 up there so you would think we can beat them at home.  As we know, games aren’t won on paper, so I wouldn’t be over confident. We really need to get Docherty and Crawford back, which along with Adams would give us a proper midfield for the first time in weeks. Adams only being able to play on grass is a real pain. It means he misses 8 away games which is nearly quarter of a season’s worth.

No one likes us we don’t care [emoji8][emoji815]️

16 minutes ago, jm86 said:

“Same old Ayr”

At least yer no beelin.

“At least yer no beelin”

Well spotted Pesadilla. A feeble attempt at irony I suspect.  But you’re correct, not beelin but simply disappointed our run has come to an end. Also, despite 8 league wins on the trot we are now one point behind Raith if they win their 2 games in hand.  A Raith team which according to their own fans are absolute mince, but keep grinding out wins. 

Having supported this lot for well over 60 years a 2-0 reversal at Airdrie doesn’t rank high in my list of disappointing results. We are after all, possibly the most underachieving club in Scottish football, given the size of the town and the potential support. Kilmarnock, for example,  have over the years almost always seemed to out perform us. Now thinking of that does get me beelin. Airdrie by comparison are only a source of minor irritation.  Irritating nonetheless. Your general thuggishness on the park, your penchant for escaping relegation due to the misfortune of other teams, your inability to pay your debts etc etc etc. 

1 minute ago, jm86 said:

“At least yer no beelin”

Well spotted Pesadilla. A feeble attempt at irony I suspect.  But you’re correct, not beelin but simply disappointed our run has come to an end. Also, despite 8 league wins on the trot we are now one point behind Raith if they win their 2 games in hand.  A Raith team which according to their own fans are absolute mince, but keep grinding out wins. 

Having supported this lot for well over 60 years a 2-0 reversal at Airdrie doesn’t rank high in my list of disappointing results. We are after all, possibly the most underachieving club in Scottish football, given the size of the town and the potential support. Kilmarnock, for example,  have over the years almost always seemed to out perform us. Now thinking of that does get me beelin. Airdrie by comparison are only a source of minor irritation.  Irritating nonetheless. Your general thuggishness on the park, your penchant for escaping relegation due to the misfortune of other teams, your inability to pay your debts etc etc etc. 

Ragin'

Up ye.

“Ragin”

Why this constant attempt to claim insight into what’s going on in  someone else’s head. Perhaps you should give your single brain cell a wee rest before you implode. Perhaps I’m guilty here of the same offence I’m accusing you of.  But, not actually being able to see what’s going on in your brain (a pretty horrible prospect),  I can only infer from your inane comments the presence a significant lack of grey matter. Or am I just being too po - faced about what passes for banter on here.  Probably just getting too old for all this crap. 

Inevitable we were going to lose soon and it is as well being this week as next. Not being able to put daylight between Raith and ourselves means that any defeat was going to be a reality check for some, It just means that beating them next month is more important.

I’m not too concerned as I didn’t see anything to be worried about really. Our forwards didn’t have much luck but that happens in football.

Not going to pretend I’m not annoyed at losing to Airdrie but as I said I’d rather lose today than get beat by Raith in January.

It’ll be interesting to see how raging you are when the inevitable happens.

Ayr could have had a few to be fair and I think they will probably go on to win the league. Will be straight back down though. 

Anyway, don’t f**king care about them. From our perspective things are looking up. We have new owners coming in, genuine Airdrie men wanting the best for the club and the town. We have lots to do on the park but have some good kids giving 100% every week. A few new additions and we could even sneak play offs this season (which I would not expect us to come through). Next season we can give it a right go 

2 minutes ago, Frank_Grimes said:

Ayr could have had a few to be fair and I think they will probably go on to win the league. Will be straight back down though. 

Anyway, don’t f**king care about them. From our perspective things are looking up. We have new owners coming in, genuine Airdrie men wanting the best for the club and the town. We have lots to do on the park but have some good kids giving 100% every week. A few new additions and we could even sneak play offs this season (which I would not expect us to come through). Next season we can give it a right go 

I take it the attempt to make you Accies B failed?

8 hours ago, jm86 said:

“Same old Ayr”

You say in your later  post that you've been following Ayr Utd for over 60 years - good on you sir. But you state that Airdrie over the years has been noted for it's "thuggery" -  you wouldn't want to give some examples sir?  

“Ragin”
Why this constant attempt to claim insight into what’s going on in  someone else’s head. Perhaps you should give your single brain cell a wee rest before you implode. Perhaps I’m guilty here of the same offence I’m accusing you of.  But, not actually being able to see what’s going on in your brain (a pretty horrible prospect),  I can only infer from your inane comments the presence a significant lack of grey matter. Or am I just being too po - faced about what passes for banter on here.  Probably just getting too old for all this crap. 

Aye, definitely not ragin’

????[emoji16]

Archived