Dunfermline Via Brechin

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Finn got booked because he retaliated by punching the guy but yes Dunfermline player should ve been cautioned too . I'm just not getting the we were shite bit from everyone. Every City fan I spoke too on way out of ground or in pubs last night thought we played well enough. But you ve obviously got higher standard s than us ..

Come on - be fair to this “fan?”. He obviously left at half time. Brechin were tremendous for about 30 minutes in the second half but again we just failed to get there! One of these days our luck will change.

Come on - be fair to this “fan?”. He obviously left at half time. Brechin were tremendous for about 30 minutes in the second half but again we just failed to get there! One of these days our luck will change.
A very strange afternoon. For most of the second half Brechin looked dangerous every time the Pars had the ball.

You can have a go at the manager, but what’s he supposed to do when the entire team simultaneously lose the ability to string two passes together? The complete lack of composure was shocking.

However (I can’t believe I’m saying this about the raging ***) but Aird must start and Clark needs a couple of weeks on the bench.
That's when the manager came into his own, all we had to do was just kill the game and try slow things down.

I would've taken McManus of and put Aird on, slip Paton into the middle with Aird and Cardle wide, would've allowed us to get a grip of the midfield. As it was his substitutions were so late that the composure had completely left the players. It's the managers job to try and influence matters on the pitch through changes in formation and personal.

A decent enough match yesterday. 

I thought we started brightly and deserved our lead. McManus done well to read the knock down by Clark. It was a good ball in by Wedderburn too. 

Murdoch didn't have much to do in the first half and I felt we were comfortable. A quickfire second goal in the second half was just what we needed IMO to kick us on again and Paton duly delivered so I was really happy. 

Absolutely fantastic strike by McLennan to make it 2-1 and from then on we were shaky, albeit we still had the clearer chances on the breakaway. 

I felt we lost a bit of composure defensively which was disappointing but we managed to see the game out and for me, that's all that mattered yesterday. 

For City, I thought Euan Smith done really well in the first-half when bursting forward from midfield while he also done fine at CB in the second 45. 

McLennan done really well when he came on and gave Layne a better foil than Orsi did. I like Layne as a player so thankfully he wasn't as influential yesterday. 

James Dale also done well I thought. He seemed to be the go-to guy once Brechin won the ball in midfield to try make things happen. 

A gutsy performance IMO by Dods' side without picking up any points. 

I'm not 100% sure of the penalty incident DD is on about post-match; I genuinely can't remember of any potential incidents but the away manager felt aggrieved after the match. 

His full comments can be found here:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/12/24/dods-aggrieved-after-pars-defeat/

Finally, I'd just like to wish all Pars fans and Brechin supporters a very Merry Christmas!

Archived