Arbroath v Raith Rovers

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deserved win.  Didn't think Arbroath did enough to win that, we actually dealt with most of the pressure well.  

Quite agree, we probably did not do enough to win, but were worth a point, surely

I thought we could have done better in the second half with the wind in our backs, maybe should have been lashing low balls into the Raith penalty box instead of high balls, most of which were won by Raith defenders. But thought we were worth a draw after losing those 2 jammy goals in the first half.

Some crude tackles by Raith went unpunished by the ref who let Raith away with similar fouls that our players were yellow carded for. 

Thought  Ricky Little,  Whatley and  O'Brien put in a good shift for us and Hutton also had a good game, but the whole team did well against a strong full time side.

58 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Not win but i dont think u could have argued with a draw. Game of 2 halves ruined by the wind, both keepers played well

Other than Smiths save and the goal Arbroath really didn't have much to be honest.  Considering how poor Smith is at commanding the box they really didn't test us that much.

We had better chances to make it 3-1.

7 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

I thought we could have done better in the second half with the wind in our backs, maybe should have been lashing low balls into the Raith penalty box instead of high balls, most of which were won by Raith defenders. But thought we were worth a draw after losing those 2 jammy goals in the first half.

Some crude tackles by Raith went unpunished by the ref who let Raith away with similar fouls that our players were yellow carded for. 

Thought  Ricky Little,  Whatley and  O'Brien put in a good shift for us and Hutton also had a good game, but the whole team did well against a strong full time side.

Image result for audience laughing gif

Game was an absolute farce, should never of started, was defo a game of 2 halves, think we deserved a point in end, great save from the Raith keeper to prevent the own goal of the season attempt, 

Although conditions were terrible football could be played if kept low. Your not forced to kick the ball into the atmosphere. The ball wasn't moving on the ground and I've seen us play in worse conditions. It's terrible weather for football but playable and correctly went ahead.

19 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Game was an absolute farce, should never of started, was defo a game of 2 halves, think we deserved a point in end, great save from the Raith keeper to prevent the own goal of the season attempt, 

Can you explain why it should never have started? Because you lost?

The weather wasn’t dangerous for spectators either in the ground or travelling to/from.  A bit of wind isn’t dangerous to the players, even in this day and age of the pampered poor wee soul footballer.

It maybe doesn’t make for the greatest spectacle but some of the best games I’ve seen have been in pouring rain and wind,  bogged down pitch. Throw back to when football had a bit of character, rain, wind, snow storms...game being stopped to shovel lines in the snow.

Give me that over these pishy artificial surfaces any day! Which, incidentally probably pose more of a threat to players than playing on the wet or ever so slightly frozen pitches that games get cancelled for.

Anyhoo, cracking result. Honestly thought we would be a further two or three points behind Ayr after today so I’m well chuffed

First half we were on top second half Arbroath were better team, all to do with the wind blowing and creating havoc with goal kicks.  Smithy pulled off a remarkable save to keep us in the game, well done to him.  A great 3 points away, brilliant xmas pressie for the fans and to those supporters travelling back on the 6.22 train - great singing and banter:thumsup2

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hutton

Little
ToB
Hammy

Gold
Martin
Whatley
Yule
Denholm

McCord
Mcintosh

When I first read this I thought it was the actual starting eleven.

I spent 3/4 of the game thinking that Pongo had dropped a couple of dress sizes until he came on as a sub.

Archived