Arbroath v Raith Rovers

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although conditions were terrible football could be played if kept low. Your not forced to kick the ball into the atmosphere. The ball wasn't moving on the ground and I've seen us play in worse conditions. It's terrible weather for football but playable and correctly went ahead.

That's the conditions I was expecting for this game Gale force winds. Is that not the norm up there.

Comparisons of Smith to McNeil are unfounded.

From the east enclosure today it looked like Smith struggled in the second half, the highlights suggest otherwise, sure there were times he looked unsure, but who wouldn't in that wind.

I'll give him 9/10 for today.

22 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Comparisons of Smith to McNeil are unfounded.

From the east enclosure today it looked like Smith struggled in the second half, the highlights suggest otherwise, sure there were times he looked unsure, but who wouldn't in that wind.

I'll give him 9/10 for today.

Sorry to have to fully disagree with that. Didn't see their goalie have anywhere close to the number of 'caught under it oh ya hoor' moments. He's a bomb scare and pulled off one very good save.

4 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Sorry to have to fully disagree with that. Didn't see their goalie have anywhere close to the number of 'caught under it oh ya hoor' moments. He's a bomb scare and pulled off one very good save.

Was the goal conceded attributable to Smith?

If not, how was he a bomb scare?

Why does the 'their goalie' statement have any relevance to my comment?

If you don't think he's a bomb scare and wasn't flapping and getting caught under the ball well more than he should even in that wind then fair enough. We will have to agree to disagree.

ETA he's a bomb scare based on previous as well. Glued to his line and unsettles the defence. Cost several goals directly too.  Confident 90% of fans will agree with me too that smith was a bomb scare today and generally. 

Dick with a classic Dick post match interview; it was difficult for us because we haven't played a game for 5 weeks ( :lol::lol::lol::lol: ) and Smith only had 1 save to make apparently.

I also see Dick was in the paper last week moaning about playing football in winter and that we should have some time off due to the weather. The same man was moaning in the summer saying the season started too early....... football to only be played in October and March would be ideal it seems :lol: 

Thought we definitely deserved a point out of that - happy with our performance. Thought we got things right tactically, started the right team and made the right subs so credit to Dick and co on that side of things. I'm confident if we play the same team and put in a similar performance next week we'll pick up a win.

6 min 10 secs in to the highlights, Smith loses the ball with the wind. You can quite clearly hear an Arbroath fan shouting “that keeper never looked like he was getting that”.  He knows. We all know.  

The goals we lost were frustrating. Denholm was drawn inside and gave Davidson all the space in the world. It was some hit from him but so lucky that the effort bounced off the post just hit Spence in the knees. The 2nd was a simple move with a ball into the box that was stabbed home. Hopefully not the same conditions for the East Fife game next Saturday

Smith remains rooted to his line all the time, and does not inspire confidence.  Two crosses came into the far post in the second hand and he was nowhere near them, similar to the goal we lost against Alloa.

He pulled off a superb stop at the end but I don't think calling him a bombscare is overly harsh.

Game was a lottery,any team could have won that with a bit of luck with the wind.Prob a draw would have been a fair result,but Raith got the lucky breaks in front of goal,with both keepers having good games.

Having been at the game and now watching the highlights, how zanatta is booked is beyond me. There was contact between the players let that be either legs or shoulder. That cannot constitute a booking. The best laugh is the fan shouting about Smith. " He was never getting near that". If that's an Arbroath fan, that's the shit he have had to watch for months now.

53 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

fitba should be played in the summer.was that enjoyable yesterday for fans or the players no it wasn’t . would u pay £12 or £16 quid to go anywhere else to be cold wet freezing etc

I very much enjoyed myself yesterday and if you saw the full time celebrations on the pitch the Rovers players clearly enjoyed themselves.

Maybe you should buy a wee tartan blanket and sit in the stand if you found yesterday too cold and wet. Either that or don't support a diddy team who create no excitement or atmosphere while playing in front of sparse crowds yards away from the North Sea. 

18 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

I very much enjoyed myself yesterday and if you saw the full time celebrations on the pitch the Rovers players clearly enjoyed themselves.

Maybe you should buy a wee tartan blanket and sit in the stand if you found yesterday too cold and wet. Either that or don't support a diddy team who create no excitement or atmosphere while playing in front of sparse crowds yards away from the North Sea. 

Wonder if you'd have said the same thing if your team had lost?

Archived