Games 16-12-17

pie n beans

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Gib mclean said:

Dyce v Irvine meadow off

Meadow will have a home league game v Kilsyth if their game against Scone is off.

Meadow Park should be okay I reckon, depending on weather tonight.

1 hour ago, pie n beans said:

if most of the games in the East are off this weekend the the SJFA need to open up the 23rd and the 30th for games to be played, as it could end up 8-9 weeks with no games.

What if there are teams with players unavailable due to Christmas holidays,if clubs were told no game on these dates,then players have the right to be away

Anyone know how Pollok is looking? They seem to be advertising the game all over twitter which suggests they must be hopeful... 

I can’t comment on the pitch, but I live less than a mile from Newlandfield.

At 8am this morning my garden was rock solid, at 11am it had slightly softened but no way it would be playable at that time.

In my office now so can’t comment if it softened enough by lunchtime but if newlandsfield is anything like my garden I would say it’s very doubtful

1 hour ago, 4everblue said:

What if there are teams with players unavailable due to Christmas holidays,if clubs were told no game on these dates,then players have the right to be away

They were told no league games based on their regional mgt cttee decisions.  The Junior Cup is run separately. You might view that as illogical but it's a rule that applies in the west on the occasion of the fiercely protected September weekend. So the precedent around the junior cup already exists - every year pretty much. 

Archived