Takeaways

thistledo

On 15/12/2017 at 08:21, thistledo said:

"My local takeaway is the best etc..." Gies yer takeaway recommendations, nae healthy stuff or sushi that can f**k right off. 

Could do with some decent takeaway advice for Edinburgh city, west end, live here most of the time now, can't find decent takeaways, mostly all shite, hugely disappointing. 

Wouldn't mind scranning a kebab tonight if anyone can recommend one that's close to edible? Don't mind driving a few miles if the city centre is just generally pish and you need to go to a wee outskirts place for a good one. 

Have you been to Kebab Mahal yet?

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/12/2017 at 16:11, The Minertaur said:

In Aberdeen there's a few decent take away places.

Chippy - everybody raves about The Ashvale but I think Hass's is just as good if not better. 

Agreed, although the new Sea Salt & Sole beside Dyce railway station is my new go-to.  I have to pass my local chip shop just around the corner from my house, but f*** 'em, they've done nothing to deserve loyalty.  Will occasionally pop in for just a pickled egg on the way home though, just to be a weirdo like.

Only one I've known in Dundee to make a person ill.
Still on the lookout for a decent Chinese takeaway in the south side of Glasgow. Actually, pretty much a decent takeaway at all. The Chicken Place are a good bunch of lads, mind.

Panda Hut for Chinese.

Danny Singh's or New Ghandi for Indian (both owned by the same folk).

Da Vinci's for a slutty twin donner calzone.

I can mind posting on a similar thread to this years ago on another forum. I told how the woman that answers the phone at the Chinese I use most was the most ignorant woman you’ve ever had the displeasure to speak to. I then posted the phone number so people could phone up and hear for themselves.

This had to be heard to be believed,

She doesn’t work there any more though.

The chippies where i live are shite. The fish is always cod, witb bones in. They do sausages, very shit puff pastry pies and half chickens, occassionally rissoles.

I miss the option to have a range of processed meat shapes (king rib in particular) or puddings. If they do pizza, they do it in an oven!

On the other hand, there are some very good chinese, indians, malaysian, turkish etc. so i can still find enough shite to keep me overweight.

The chippies where i live are shite. The fish is always cod, witb bones in. They do sausages, very shit puff pastry pies and half chickens, occassionally rissoles.

I miss the option to have a range of processed meat shapes (king rib in particular) or puddings. If they do pizza, they do it in an oven!

Reason enough to move imo

Changing course to the south side of Glasgow, Little India in Shawlands do a superb line in cheap n tasty takeaway meals and Armando's a bit further out towards Giffnock make pizzas that actually taste of what's on them rather than the industrial stuff that the chains churn out.

Guido's in Coustonholm Road in Shawlands is the business for fish suppers, although the posh place Catch in Giffnock is more expensive but superb.

11 minutes ago, Derek Patterson said:

Probably more classed as fast foot than takeaway but has anyone tried the Taco Bell in Sauchiehall Street yet?

Assuming it'll be shite and that Barburrito and the like are much better but still intrigued.

I've heard their Usain Bolt burgers are brilliant.

There's a Mexican takeaway that does fajitas, burritos and the like next to the Subway at Tollcross in Edinburgh that was pretty decent. Wee bit pricey for what you got but tasted nice. Can't remember the name of the place though.

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

There's a Mexican takeaway that does fajitas, burritos and the like next to the Subway at Tollcross in Edinburgh that was pretty decent. Wee bit pricey for what you got but tasted nice. Can't remember the name of the place though.

Taquito.

Just now, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Haven't had one in about a year. I remember the burritos being nice, but you certainly pay for them. 

That's just how I remember it. Good but not the place if you have any real hunger on.

Archived