Takeaways

thistledo

55 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

3 pages in and no shout for civerinos, yet fucking Papa John's gets a mention? Anyone that thinks dominoes and papa John's are anything apart from overpriced shite (yes even on tuesday) is clearly OFTW.

This. Absolutely.

You can genuinely buy better pizzas in supermarkets for a fraction of the price.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haven’t had an acceptable Chinese takeaway in years. Indian or Pizza/Chippy takeaways are by far superior.

Chinese - The Tea House in Larbert

Turns out I was lying, completely forgot about the Tea House.

Regardless of what you order in Papa Johns, you are guaranteed to have  Halitosis for the next month and type 2 diabetes from how salty it is.
Echo shouts for Bonnie Burrito and add in Illegal Jacks on St Patricks Sq (Formerly Lothian Road) beats comfortably Bar Burrito  that took over the vastly superior Pinto (RIP).  BRGR across from old college was very good value for  money for a burger joint. Has anyone tried Dough that has recently opened in Newington? It  looked a bit steep for a takeaway but the menu looked decent when I last walked past.
Last week in Denmark, my world was flipped around by the discovery of the Pizza Kebab, getting essentially a Falafel Calzone was outstanding after a night on the town. 

Dough is the pizza place of choice for me, it’s probably closer to real pizza than any other place. They also have Stornaway black pudding as a topping, which is a big win.
The Dominos on Dalry road is utter shite, easily the worst one I’ve encountered.

19 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Dundee has loads of good restaurants and pubs but the takeaway scene is an utter disgrace (well west of the town is, I wouldn't know about the orientals.)

Folk will rave about the Agacan but it's utterly basic Turkish food.

Dil Se is fairly pricey for an Indian but doesn't leave you ill so best of a bad bunch. Jahangir has a good rep but is loving off a reputation of a time when folk couldn't get good Indian food.

All the Chinese are shite.

All takeaway pizza is shite.

Decent chip shops about though

Agree re getting a Kebab in the Dundee at midnight. At this time it should really not matter how it tastes. However what the eateries opposite the DCA, the one in Union street & the one in Seagate serve are fecking inedible horseshyte.

I have yet to try this place https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/new-dundee-kebab-shop-unusual-meals-offer/

I have hope for it as my experience of European Kebabs are pretty good.  Liege in Belgium is particularly good. 

To get a decent Kebab i have to head home early, as the Tayport  Zara Balti House (The Tardis) shuts around 11pm. They also  cover 2 of my other takeaway needs in one by doing a magnificent Chicken bhuna Pizza using fresh dough. Kind of like balancing your curry on a Nan.

BTW the Dil Se serves feckin yellow sauce with Pakora so should be bulldozed.

On 12/18/2017 at 09:52, Torpar said:

No King of Donair near you?

Aye... theres one about 2 miles away... ive tried donairs but not from King Donair.... they any good?

First time i got a donair here i got the sauce on it... fuckin disgusting stuff.

4 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I was told marmaris is a good takeaway in Dundee. Never managed to make it there when I was down a couple of weeks ago.

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I was told marmaris is a good takeaway in Dundee. Never managed to make it there when I was down a couple of weeks ago.

It'll sink in eventually.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just pick up a dog shit off the pavement outside and eat it.  Save yourself a fiver.

I fondly remember living in the Seagate many moons ago and the furthest I could quite often stagger was Corfu kebabs across the road. Fucking god awful place which I think may still me there.  I eventually got banned for arguing with the owner about the wife hard bits in the donner meat. He claimed it was fat whilst I strongly advised him it was bone and/or maggots.

A corfu kebab was ok if what you were really in the mood for was a mince roll.

If you are pished and in town then Instanbulie on Union St is passable. Don't confuse with Istanbul on Nethergate.

You’ve nailed it actually. It was Istanbul I got told to go to. I recall as they said don’t go to istanbulie, go to Istanbul. Maybe they made a c**t of it.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The original Istanbul on the Nethergate used to be tremendous. The current format is indeed shite.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

It was a few years ago this person stayed in Dundee. I’ll let them off.

The lads who had the Istanbul on Nethergate moved to Union Street to open the Istanbulie.

The Dundee kebab scene is a complicated picture.

Archived