Takeaways

thistledo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Aberdeen there's a few decent take away places.
Chippy - everybody raves about The Ashvale but I think Hass's is just as good if not better. 
Chinese - Bon East is where I go. Honey chilli chicken is to die for and their Salt and Pepper chips are incredible.
Indian - Blue Moon.  Expensive but it's worth every penny.

Spot on with hass’s and Bon east. Not tried blue moon. Been told Lahore Karahi is exceptional. Used to like manzil, but it changed hands got shite and shit down. Comedy club now.

Best takeaways in Edinburgh are as follows:

Palmyra on Nicolson St

Salvatore's in Marchmont

L'Alba D'Oro in the New Town

Red Box next to the uni and at Tollcross

Tailend on Leith Walk

Bar-B-Q in Corstorphine

Piemaker on North Bridge and in Leith

Not sure if it counts but Snax next to the uni area

Can't think of an outstanding Indian place off the top of my head. For pizza, I always liked Papa Johns tbh - maybe La Favorita though?

Been meaning to give that piemaker a try, surely better than crappy Easter road ones, stories on leith walk does a decent pie for after a night out

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Ashvale is better than Hass's by virtue of having better fish, but Hass's used to do a chicken breast stuffed with haggis then battered. Was rather good.

I’m going to stuff you with haggis then batter you on 2nd Jan x

Best takeaways in Edinburgh are as follows:

Palmyra on Nicolson St
Salvatore's in Marchmont
L'Alba D'Oro in the New Town
Red Box next to the uni and at Tollcross
Tailend on Leith Walk
Bar-B-Q in Corstorphine
Piemaker on North Bridge and in Leith
Not sure if it counts but Snax next to the uni area

Can't think of an outstanding Indian place off the top of my head. For pizza, I always liked Papa Johns tbh - maybe La Favorita though?

Piemaker is sensational. Their Tattie Dogs are the thing I miss most about living in Edinburgh

On 12/15/2017 at 22:25, bud1876 said:

Dont do much takeaway over here but just recently found Freemans Little New York which do a cracking pizza.
Bonus is they deliver up to 5 am.
Favourite in Falkirk are are
Kebabs from Noor kebab on Grahams Road.
Indian from Sanam.

No King of Donair near you?

Dundee has loads of good restaurants and pubs but the takeaway scene is an utter disgrace (well west of the town is, I wouldn't know about the orientals.)

Folk will rave about the Agacan but it's utterly basic Turkish food.

Dil Se is fairly pricey for an Indian but doesn't leave you ill so best of a bad bunch. Jahangir has a good rep but is loving off a reputation of a time when folk couldn't get good Indian food.

All the Chinese are shite.

All takeaway pizza is shite.

Decent chip shops about though

4 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

3 pages in and no shout for civerinos, yet fucking Papa John's gets a mention? Anyone that thinks dominoes and papa John's are anything apart from overpriced shite (yes even on tuesday) is clearly OFTW.

Regardless of what you order in Papa Johns, you are guaranteed to have  Halitosis for the next month and type 2 diabetes from how salty it is.

Echo shouts for Bonnie Burrito and add in Illegal Jacks on St Patricks Sq (Formerly Lothian Road) beats comfortably Bar Burrito  that took over the vastly superior Pinto (RIP).  BRGR across from old college was very good value for  money for a burger joint. Has anyone tried Dough that has recently opened in Newington? It  looked a bit steep for a takeaway but the menu looked decent when I last walked past.

Last week in Denmark, my world was flipped around by the discovery of the Pizza Kebab, getting essentially a Falafel Calzone was outstanding after a night on the town. 

Chippy: The Tail End, Nethergate,  Dundee

Chinese: Manchurian Dim Sum in Gellatly Street or Mandarin Garden in South Tay Street

Indian: Haven't found anywhere in Dundee yet to rival Spice of Life in Arbroath 

General: Clarkies Bakery just off the Hawkhill

Archived