Takeaways

thistledo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

People who buy takeaways instead of cooking are fucking crackpots who should be locked up in an underground bunker and fed rice and stale goats cheese.

I tend to sympathise with this.  Takeaway is almost always lukewarm by the time you've served it and certainly inferior to actually eating out.  Takeaway pizza is the worst example of this.  I'd much rather, say, eat out twice a month than have takeaway once a week.

Used to go to a cracking Indian place on the Isle of Dogs called The Lancer. They'd give me free pints and popadoms whilst waiting on the order. Three free pints was exceptional service. Was down there recently and unsurprisingly it has shut down. Giving free beer to Scottish folk is not great business acumen. 

In Aberdeen there's a few decent take away places.

Chippy - everybody raves about The Ashvale but I think Hass's is just as good if not better. 

Chinese - Bon East is where I go. Honey chilli chicken is to die for and their Salt and Pepper chips are incredible.

Indian - Blue Moon.  Expensive but it's worth every penny.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

People who buy takeaways instead of cooking are fucking crackpots who should be locked up in an underground bunker and fed rice and stale goats cheese.

Best kebab I have ever had in the UK was down in Dover, but even that was nothing compared to the kebabs in Berlin and Portugal. They have actual meat in them and not the bits of reconstituted dead elephant leg that they put in kebabs here.

Of course cooking is better than takeaways. People sometimes cbfa cooking or leave the pub/fitba etc and would rather have something quick & easy.

No need to be a fucking food snob.

51 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I tend to sympathise with this.  Takeaway is almost always lukewarm by the time you've served it and certainly inferior to actually eating out.  Takeaway pizza is the worst example of this.  I'd much rather, say, eat out twice a month than have takeaway once a week.

I know people who genuinely have takeaways every single day. I don't know how they do it. In my day, having a takeaway was an EVENT.

Just now, Slenderman said:

Of course cooking is better than takeaways. People sometimes cbfa cooking or leave the pub/fitba etc and would rather have something quick & easy.

No need to be a fucking food snob.

^Triggered Gourock kebab shop owner IMO.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Best kebab I have ever had in the UK was down in Dover, but even that was nothing compared to the kebabs in Berlin and Portugal. They have actual meat in them and not the bits of reconstituted dead elephant leg that they put in kebabs here.

Check out Mr. International PlayBoy here munching on exotic kebabs and then throwing it on our face.

51 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

In Aberdeen there's a few decent take away places.

Chippy - everybody raves about The Ashvale but I think Hass's is just as good if not better. 

Chinese - Bon East is where I go. Honey chilli chicken is to die for and their Salt and Pepper chips are incredible.

Indian - Blue Moon.  Expensive but it's worth every penny.

The Ashvale in Inverurie? Had chips out of there once and they were decent, the locals couldn't speak highly enough of that place. 

Only had a couple of Chinese takeaways in Aberdeen, they were all rank. The worst being one that was the only place open after 2am outwith the town, the place looked like it was a bawhair away from being shut down and the food was a reflection of this. 

Spot on about the Blue Moon. Dearer than most Indians but a very good meal, even by takeaway standards. 

There are several quality Thai restaurants in Aberdeen too, I had one Thai takeaway though and it was fucking shite. 

Tai Po, on the Coventry Road, is very good. They don't have a huge amount of choice, and don't deliver, but the food is excellent.

Not that handy for Edinburgh, admittedly, but only fifteen minutes from Birmingham Airport if you're willing to make the effort.

Mate of mine has expanded his wasteline by getting kebabs out of Kurdish Best on Montrose Terrace. I had one out of there when I was pished. I don't really like kebabs but what I remember it was decent. 

Taste of Italy on corner of London Road/Baxter's Place do a fine takeaway pizza. 

Perhaps veering into f*cking healthy stuff (depending on the filling you get) but Takeitaway Spud at Stockbridge and Mr Hot Potato at Jock's Lodge do nice baked potatoes (they shut fairly early though).  

incidentally if you're looking for a chippie in Yorkshire you have to ask for t'fish shop. 

"My local takeaway is the best etc..." Gies yer takeaway recommendations, nae healthy stuff or sushi that can f**k right off. 
Could do with some decent takeaway advice for Edinburgh city, west end, live here most of the time now, can't find decent takeaways, mostly all shite, hugely disappointing. 
Wouldn't mind scranning a kebab tonight if anyone can recommend one that's close to edible? Don't mind driving a few miles if the city centre is just generally pish and you need to go to a wee outskirts place for a good one. 

My personal favourites:

Indian - The Curry Leaf in Bruntsfield.
Chinese - Taste Good on Slateford Road.
Chippy - Salvatore's in Marchmont.

Dont do much takeaway over here but just recently found Freemans Little New York which do a cracking pizza.
Bonus is they deliver up to 5 am.
Favourite in Falkirk are are
Kebabs from Noor kebab on Grahams Road.
Indian from Sanam.

Archived