Takeaways

thistledo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As are mock chops, which you cant get in the central belt. I feel Monkmans hillbilly pain.
mock chops should be predominantly lamb but often arent. you really cant get them in the central belt? thats crazy.

mock chops should be predominantly lamb but often arent. you really cant get them in the central belt? thats crazy.
I have only ever had them in Aberdeen. Never even heard of them until I lived in Aberdeen briefly

Need to get me some chipsteak action pronto.  Chippies always feel like a good idea at the time- feel minging afterwards tho (still worth it). 
you wont regret it. fire it in a roll with the sauce of your choice. great quick, high calorie meal!

We very rarely get a takeaway these days. I got annoyed a few years back by how shit some of them were, and it put me off badly.

I've been making an effort to get some dece ones recently though, as although we currently live in the Southside of Glasgow,  in a few moths we're moving to the f*cking burbs, and I'm aware that the window of opportunity for decent food is closing fast.

I've been actually driving to get takeaways (which in my view is against the point of them - I should be having a few beers and be sitting with my feet up when they arrive), because the best food seems to come from places that don't deliver. I realise there are companies like Deliveroo etc., but they seem to have a bad rep. for delivering cold food, and I'm not having that.

Yadgar in Calder Street is my go-to for Curry. Their lamb chops make me very happy, and they always have some sort of chickpea thing in the trays at the front which turns out to be amazing.

Ka Ka Lok at Charing Cross for Pork 3-ways and various salt-and-chilli stuff. I've so far had the chicken wings, the eel and the squid. All were good. Their pak choi in garlic type stuff is nice too. From what I've seen others get when sitting-in, it doesn't look like there's much I wouldn't be happy with.

Hooked in Mount Florida for fish suppers. I'm a covert to hake, simply because you get such a massive slap of it. They do nice chicken burgers too, and the missus likes the sweet potato chips. I like normal chips, but I get their spicy cajun seasoning on them.

Pizza... Tried dozens, and I've ended up getting from Dario's. It's alright, but in truth I just wish I could get a pizza like either the ones in the Beir Halle or in Paesanos delivered. Seems an impossible dream.

In a few months I'll be eating whatever shit Lenzie has to offer and remembering when I had a life.

• 3 months later...
Anyone with recommendations for a Chinese takeaway around Morningside/Bruntsfield area? Appears that all the ones round here have terrible reviews and the one I tried was poor.

Tried Taste of China? Only had a takeaway from there twice but not been disappointed.

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anyone with recommendations for a Chinese takeaway around Morningside/Bruntsfield area? Appears that all the ones round here have terrible reviews and the one I tried was poor.

Always like So Good on Dundee Terrace. 

50 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It’s taken a hammering on TripAdvisor so I’ll try Taste of China first I think.

It's strange as there's really nowhere else we'd get a Chinese from (and my missus is a pretty high maintenance lady!). Chinese and Thai stuff all so nicely cooked and nice quality ingredients. Whenever I've seen folk have problems it's some drunk jaikey that thinks they've ordered one thing and got another. The girls that run it are pretty no-nonsense too so annoying customers get put in their place. 

Archived