Takeaways

thistledo

On 14/07/2018 at 20:00, Dave. said:

Fried Chicken - Mania in Tollcross or Verona in Meadowbank.
Indian - Noor in Newington is decent and do a decent set meal for 1 that is easily enough for two.
Chinese - Taste of China probably the only decent Chinese I’ve had in a while.
Kebab - Palmyra hands down.
Pizza - Dough/Civerinos. Both on the pricey side but definitely worth it.

Special mention goes to Taquito in Tollcross. The shouts for it being poor value for money are way off the mark. Regular burrito and a can of juice for a fiver. Bigger than BarBurrito/Bonnie etc as well.

Chippies in Edinburgh are pish.

Yet to find a decent chippy in Embra, city centre wise anyway. 

Interesting comment on Palmyra, have you tried Kebab mahal for a comparison? Rugster has been virtually stalking me on here for months waiting for me to try it. 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thistledo said:

Yet to find a decent chippy in Embra, city centre wise anyway. 

Interesting comment on Palmyra, have you tried Kebab mahal for a comparison? Rugster has been virtually stalking me on here for months waiting for me to try it. 

Get it fucking done and stop pissing about!

One of our local ones has shut yet again, it's had at least 4 different makeovers and name changes in the 8 years we've lived here. This time it is opening up as Mexita, a blend of Mexican and Italian cuisine.

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

Get it fucking done and stop pissing about!

There is actually the possibility it might not happen now mate. Won't be living in Embra after July. The problem is when i'm pished i'll eat any kind of dog meat in a pita bread, so wandering down to Nicolson square isn't usually what transpires. I wish it could be a different way. 

3 minutes ago, thistledo said:

There is actually the possibility it might not happen now mate. Won't be living in Embra after July. The problem is when i'm pished i'll eat any kind of dog meat in a pita bread, so wandering down to Nicolson square isn't usually what transpires. I wish it could be a different way. 

Kebab Mahal is best enjoyed sober, get there before you move or I'll fucking haunt you forever.

Just moved southside so now no longer able to jump to Morrellos. Had to find a replacement and thankfully discovered the creatively named "Kurdish Street Food" who arguably served me one of the best shwarma wraps I've ever had. We good.

There is no substitute for Morellos.

Probably right but now I'm no longer in Woodlands I've got to work with what I've got. Definitely going to miss the family sized meat pile that was the mixed middle eastern kebab.

Probably right but now I'm no longer in Woodlands I've got to work with what I've got. Definitely going to miss the family sized meat pile that was the mixed middle eastern kebab.
I used to live a 2 min walk from Morellos. I now live a bit further west but after a few in my local have been known to spend £20 on a taxi from the pub to Morellos and home for a large chips, cheese and doner meat with sauce.

13 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:
13 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:
Just moved southside so now no longer able to jump to Morrellos. Had to find a replacement and thankfully discovered the creatively named "Kurdish Street Food" who arguably served me one of the best shwarma wraps I've ever had. We good.

There is no substitute for Morellos.

We are very light up front.

14 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Will need to try this place one day, is it close to the Lemon Tree chinese (also a great takeaway)?

Archived