Takeaways

thistledo

"My local takeaway is the best etc..." Gies yer takeaway recommendations, nae healthy stuff or sushi that can f**k right off. 

Could do with some decent takeaway advice for Edinburgh city, west end, live here most of the time now, can't find decent takeaways, mostly all shite, hugely disappointing. 

Wouldn't mind scranning a kebab tonight if anyone can recommend one that's close to edible? Don't mind driving a few miles if the city centre is just generally pish and you need to go to a wee outskirts place for a good one. 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thistledo said:

"My local takeaway is the best etc..." Gies yer takeaway recommendations, nae healthy stuff or sushi that can f**k right off. 

Could do with some decent takeaway advice for Edinburgh city, west end, live here most of the time now, can't find decent takeaways, mostly all shite, hugely disappointing. 

Wouldn't mind scranning a kebab tonight if anyone can recommend one that's close to edible? Don't mind driving a few miles if the city centre is just generally pish and you need to go to a wee outskirts place for a good one. 

The best kebab I have ever had in Edinburgh was from Kebab Mahal. Outstanding.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

The best kebab I have ever had in Edinburgh was from Kebab Mahal. Outstanding.

Cheers ma man, was that recently? Google has it at 4.1 stars so low chances of the shits and walking distance from me, could be a winner.

49 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Agacan Dundee.

Worth the drive.

Smidge further than I wanted to drive, but appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Cheers ma man, was that recently? Google has it at 4.1 stars so low chances of the shits and walking distance from me, could be a winner.

Smidge further than I wanted to drive, but appreciated. 

Walking distance? You lucky b*****d! No it was a while ago unfortunately. If you decide to try it let me know if it was good though! Seriously, best kebab I've eaten in the UK. Got a sit in bit as well.

5 hours ago, thistledo said:

Sorry I can't help with kebabs - not had one for about 17 years (though it was a decent chicken kebab from a shop on Bow Road, London and the lady let me smoke in her shop) but for general fast food around here...

So Good - Chinese on Dundee terrace - very good.
Jashan's - Indian on Slateford Rd - also very good 
Fountainpark Fry (oposite Cineworld) - decent chippy/pizzas
Salvatore's - Chippy on Roseneath St, Marchmont - old school Italian chippy/cafe. Decent for a sit down fish & chips. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Sorry I can't help with kebabs - not had one for about 17 years (though it was a decent chicken kebab from a shop on Bow Road, London and the lady let me smoke in her shop) but for general fast food around here...

So Good - Chinese on Dundee terrace - very good.
Jashan's - Indian on Slateford Rd - also very good 
Fountainpark Fry (oposite Cineworld) - decent chippy/pizzas
Salvatore's - Chippy on Roseneath St, Marchmont - old school Italian chippy/cafe. Decent for a sit down fish & chips. 

Cheers ma man, needed a decent Chinese as well, last two i've tried were horrendous. Chicken satay tasted like it had been cooked and cooled about three times, kicked about the floor and then cooked again for good measure. 

Just now, thistledo said:

Cheers ma man, needed a decent Chinese as well, last two i've tried were horrendous. Chicken satay tasted like it had been cooked and cooled about three times, kicked about the floor and then cooked again for good measure. 

There's also Tastes Good a bit further out along Slateford Road. It looks fancier but I really don't rate the food - style over substance. 

People who buy takeaways instead of cooking are fucking crackpots who should be locked up in an underground bunker and fed rice and stale goats cheese.

Best kebab I have ever had in the UK was down in Dover, but even that was nothing compared to the kebabs in Berlin and Portugal. They have actual meat in them and not the bits of reconstituted dead elephant leg that they put in kebabs here.

15 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

People who buy takeaways instead of cooking are fucking crackpots who should be locked up in an underground bunker and fed rice and stale goats cheese.

Best kebab I have ever had in the UK was down in Dover, but even that was nothing compared to the kebabs in Berlin and Portugal. They have actual meat in them and not the bits of reconstituted dead elephant leg that they put in kebabs here.

Just so I'm clear:

Buying takeaway food = bad

Cutting your own hair = good

Did you get dropped on your head as a child?

29 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

So by your own admission then you should be locked in a bunker and fed rice and stale goats cheese... 

Archived