Slasher

Antlion

Pretty sure this is Canadian, but it’s a horror anthology series which moved to Netflix this year. The first season is about a woman who moves back to the town and house her parents were murdered in when she was in the womb (the killer cut her out, and was found cradling her). Copycat murders begin, and she starts visiting the psycho who butchered her parents, as the secrets of the townspeople are gradually revealed (and they’re gradually picked off). The identity of the killer is pretty obvious (and I’m not always that good at spotting whodunnit), but the show is an enjoyable homage to Scream, Halloween, Seven, etc.

Season 2 really did throw me for a loop, in that I suspected whodunnit, but not the actual twist. I was genuinely kicking myself at the reveal, for not seeing what should have been obvious, but wasn’t. The plot in this one is about a group of teens who revisit the abandoned summer camp at which they killed a colleague. It’s now a hippie commune, and the two groups get cut off by snow, whereupon (you guessed it) they start getting picked off one by one. Warning: there is one harrowing scene in this, which is followed by what just seemed gratuitous cruelty to the character involved. It’s an homage to I Know What You Did Last Summer, Friday 13th, etc.

Overall, this is worth tracking down if you haven’t seen it, or want some classic-style horror.

• 1 year later...
35 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
2 hours ago, Nick_BCFC said:
The Slasher I just put on was about some people who killed some tart at summer camp! Wrong one I think!

That's season 2.

Bloody hell - Netflix has them in the wrong order!