Inverness Loledonian Pishle v Dumbfartin

The last match thread produced some outstanding alternative names for these two sides which cannot be allowed to go to waste.

Hopefully the game is on despite the last couple of postponements against Falkirk. This should be a chance to get three points on the board. Despite our recent good run of form we haven't really put much daylight between ourselves and Falkirk so a win here would be welcome. Cracking win for Dumbarton against St Mirren the other week which will boost their confidence no end. We look much better than we did against the Sons a couple of months ago and hopefully we won't concede sloppy goals like we did in the 2-1 loss at The Rock. That said we don't create too many chances and seldom take advantage of the few that we do create so I can't see us bagging a lot of goals if we were to get the win. 

Hopefully we can sneak a 1 - 0 or 2 - 1 win :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RiG said:

The last match thread produced some outstanding alternative names for these two sides which cannot be allowed to go to waste.

Hopefully the game is on despite the last couple of postponements against Falkirk. This should be a chance to get three points on the board. Despite our recent good run of form we haven't really put much daylight between ourselves and Falkirk so a win here would be welcome. Cracking win for Dumbarton against St Mirren the other week which will boost their confidence no end. We look much better than we did against the Sons a couple of months ago and hopefully we won't concede sloppy goals like we did in the 2-1 loss at The Rock. That said we don't create too many chances and seldom take advantage of the few that we do create so I can't see us bagging a lot of goals if we were to get the win. 

Hopefully we can sneak a 1 - 0 or 2 - 1 win :)

Wonderful thread title.

It seems that losing to us gave Inverness the kick up the arse they required.  We've never won in Inverness (only two attempts mind you) so I'd be fairly happy with a point here.  Having said that, we've only lost 1 game in our last 8 in all competitions and that was to Dundee United, unbeaten in the last 4 in the league and those 4 could easily have been 4 wins on the trot if we'd held onto our leads, so we really have nothing to fear and should believe that a win is possible.

Two home games against Falkirk and Morton following this one, a huge 3 games for us which could go a long way to confirming safety should they go our way. Massive incentive for the team.

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Sadly I'll miss this one, the only problem I foresee with the Dumbasses is if Froxylias is playing, hopefully Donaldson will have learned from the first game and manage to contain him, other than that I will go for a 2-0 home win.

Froxylias is injured. Please stop with these abhorrent insults too, it really hurts our feelings.

14 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Drumtartan

Dickbarton

Dungbarton.

What was the hilarious Cowdenbeath default name for us again? Mind, when they saw themselves as our rivals, before they decided that rock bottom of league 2 was where they preferred to be.

Dumbo.  Because we have an elephant our badge. They really were the peak of wit.

There's no arguement that Inverness seem to be a much improved side since they visited us, but it could be argued that we actually are too.

It's a game I'm looking forward to and I'm really hoping we can build on our good recent run of form and get something here.

What's the score with Froxy, out for a bit? Any word on Handling?

Drumtartan
Dickbarton
Dungbarton.
What was the hilarious Cowdenbeath default name for us again? Mind, when they saw themselves as our rivals, before they decided that rock bottom of league 2 was where they preferred to be.

Wasn't Dick Barton a radio secret agent?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Dumbo.  Because we have an elephant our badge. They really were the peak of wit.

That's the very one - thank you.

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Wasn't Dick Barton a radio secret agent?

One for our older readers/fans.  Dick didn't like drums either.

19 minutes ago, Rock Hudson said:

I believe froxy was only meant to be out for around 10 days. If that’s true then he should make the bench.

That's good news, I had it in my head as 4 weeks he was out but thinking on it I'm not sure where I've got that from. He needs eased back so if he makes the bench this week it's a huge boost.

6 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Is there any chance at all of this actually going ahead?

Thing is we had a thaw overnight and then by noon today we had a balmy +4, since then we have had another dramatic temp drop back to -1 where I am, having said that with that thaw most of the snow has melted and the forecast is that temps will rise towards the weekend.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's good news, I had it in my head as 4 weeks he was out but thinking on it I'm not sure where I've got that from. He needs eased back so if he makes the bench this week it's a huge boost.

If he has maintained the form I saw then he will be gone in January, the contract extension will have been for more bargaining power and more money rather than keeping him, that's the way football management works for us lesser coves.

7 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

There's no arguement that Inverness seem to be a much improved side since they visited us, but it could be argued that we actually are too.

It's a game I'm looking forward to and I'm really hoping we can build on our good recent run of form and get something here.

What's the score with Froxy, out for a bit? Any word on Handling?

Yes - Froxy went out for a bit on the side.

Handling - Yes, in the box it will result in a penalty, that's the way it has been in Scotland since January 1891.

Archived