Dundee vs Partick Thistle.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty sure woods was just knackered, it looked more like cramp than anything else. 

That’s what it looked like to me as well. Was walking fine when he came onto the pitch at the end of the game tonight. Hasn’t played more than 15 minutes in about six months, so I don’t think anyone was expecting the full 90 minutes from him.

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The gap between youth level and this level is huge, especially for strikers.

You haven't watched Moussa play have you? You haven't seen the utter mess he is in front of goal with the ball at his feet, it gets worse the more open goal he has to shoot at.

The reason the youngster Henvey is being mentioned at all is because our striker with the top goal for games ratio AJLS is apparently still in the dog house. Haber is an uninspiring guy that plods around the pitch and seems more concerned with fashion than football, but despite that he has a much more impressive goals to game ratio than our other big man option Moussa. Wighton is hurt, and ElBak is good for a wonder goal four times a season and not much else. 

ElBak and Moussa try really hard, but eff me it's painful to watch. We know we're not going to find the next Louis Moult tomorrow (we can hope we might get lucky in the window), but we've got 4 games left this December that we can't afford to just keep rolling Moussa out there.

I don't drink much, but I may take to the bottle Saturday if Moussa appears in the starting eleven!

My criteria for a striker right now is the following: if you have the ball at your feet in front of an open goal can you rifle it home??? Period, end of!

9 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

If we play like the first half vs Motherwell, we won't lose.

If we play like the 2nd half vs Motherwell, we'll lose about 8-0 even if Dundee solve their striker problems by playing a random fan and Jerry O'Driscoll up front.

Whats the word on that disallowed 'Well goal Fuctifano from the Thistle perspective? I've just viewed it now, and it looked like a legit goal?

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

If we play like the first half vs Motherwell, we won't lose.

If we play like the 2nd half vs Motherwell, we'll lose about 8-0 even if Dundee solve their striker problems by playing a random fan and Jerry O'Driscoll up front.

Apart from the fact that Moussa is Tunisian so that nationality would be probably be a rare sight in the Dens support,  with the ball at his feet he actually looks like fan that got pulled out of the stand in some sort of 'play for the Dee' in a premier league game contest. He tries hard, runs about, his flick on's aren't bad, but his goal threat is a mess. 

I'd be happy to have my puss shut mind you if he could fire in a couple of crackers, I'm just not holding my breath.

16 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Done already.

Taken my winnings from the Aberdeen and Hearts game and lumped on Thistle.

I'll need to stick more money on Dundee to counter your efforts. 

Hopefully your lot will be just as pish in front of goal as you were last time at Firhill and we'll be laughing... Literally laughing. Don't mind Dundee tbh, but we just really need the points. 

Thanks

Not to be overly dramatic but who ever loses this game will finish bottom and their manager will be sacked, and probably some other bad stuff as well like doing a Hamilton and giving away £750,000 to a conman. So yeah, a win would be nice.

You haven't watched Moussa play have you? You haven't seen the utter mess he is in front of goal with the ball at his feet, it gets worse the more open goal he has to shoot at.
The reason the youngster Henvey is being mentioned at all is because our striker with the top goal for games ratio AJLS is apparently still in the dog house. Haber is an uninspiring guy that plods around the pitch and seems more concerned with fashion than football, but despite that he has a much more impressive goals to game ratio than our other big man option Moussa. Wighton is hurt, and ElBak is good for a wonder goal four times a season and not much else. 
ElBak and Moussa try really hard, but eff me it's painful to watch. We know we're not going to find the next Louis Moult tomorrow (we can hope we might get lucky in the window), but we've got 4 games left this December that we can't afford to just keep rolling Moussa out there.
I don't drink much, but I may take to the bottle Saturday if Moussa appears in the starting eleven!
My criteria for a striker right now is the following: if you have the ball at your feet in front of an open goal can you rifle it home??? Period, end of!

Hearts beat us with two 16 year olds and a 19 year old on the park, quite comfortably. Always a risk of course but its either that risk or fielding mature players that are clearly not up to it week to week, like Moussa. El Bak is absolute borderline of also being a wasted squad spot.

4 hours ago, kevthedee said:

Someone was telling me thistle haven't kept a clean sheet in 20 odd games

That's utter bollocks, but we are still fucking horse, so still a good chance your big diddy striker scores anyway. We've got previous for that kind of thing - Zola, Stockley, Dodoo, Obadeyi, and I'm sure plenty of other gubbins characters have nearly all of their goals in Scottish football against us.

Not to be overly dramatic but who ever loses this game will finish bottom and their manager will be sacked, and probably some other bad stuff as well like doing a Hamilton and giving away £750,000 to a conman. So yeah, a win would be nice.

Archie isn’t getting the sack.

Archived