The Outlaw King

Newbornbairn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
A new Netflix drama about Robert the Bruce is in production

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-42307677

Stannis Baratheon as Edward I and Capt James T Kirk as Bruce - sounds good!

When I first read this I immediately though "What??? William Shatner", I'm kind of gutted now that it isn't!!!

On 11/12/2017 at 19:54, peasy23 said:

Couple of workmates tried to audition for extras roles as they were looking for some well built bearded guys, but they didn't even get close as it was queued round the block.

Pussies.

I stood there with a hangover for 8 hours on fair Friday, got two days filming out it as an extra.

Still got the fucking beard for the sequels.

Here's a story about extra auditioning.

When the call went out for extras for Rob Roy in 95 or so, my dad and I went for it. They wanted bearded ginger Scotsman. We both had beards, I had fucking sexy auburn waist length hair, and he speaks Gaelic.

Anyway, we got our photies took, filled in the forms and whatnot, and went away.
Few days later, we were out a walk, and got back to the message from my mother that "someone had called about a film, but she said we wouldn't be interested in that sort of thing".

I'm still quite tender about the whole thing, tbh. [Crying gif]

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 19:54, peasy23 said:

Couple of workmates tried to audition for extras roles as they were looking for some well built bearded guys, but they didn't even get close as it was queued round the block.

@Dee Man 's brother is obviously made of the right stuff. 

Archived