Queens v Dundee United

22 hours ago, Marr1 said:

The only Saturday this could be played on is the 10th February which is the 5th Round of the Scottish Cup, so would need us to lose to Alloa and Queens to lose to Thistle, the latter I especially can't see happening. ;) 

Other than Tues 2nd Jan, every other midweek is free up to Tues 27th Feb, with the exception of 4th round cup replays which would be penned in for Jan 23/24 or 30/31, and 5th round replays which would be Feb 13/14th or 19/20th

That leaves the following as available dates:

January 9/10th
January 16/17th
February 6th/7th

the game could have been played last night or tonight.  I tend to think one of, or both of, the teams had their Christmas nights out after the game on Saturday and didn't want to cancel!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Aye - very true.  Travel, admission, half time pie and bovril, (several!) pre-match beers...... The whole day must have cost me close on £100.00 - and all for nothing

The ref thinks he did you a favour by abandoning it. One of the considerations, according to him, was that fans spend a lot of money to see the game and he spared them from having to watch a lower quality second half because of the conditions.

2 hours ago, Flash said:

The ref thinks he did you a favour by abandoning it. One of the considerations, according to him, was that fans spend a lot of money to see the game and he spared them from having to watch a lower quality second half because of the conditions.

Yeah i heard that too - insulting in the extreme

Archived