Rovers v Rovers

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

According to the FFP we have a "full squad" to choose from for this match :unsure2:

Then in the next line it says a couple of players are carrying injuries, one of which is Watson who hasn't trained all week. Wonder if that means we can get Thomson back at right back, push Murray out to left back and play Davo in the middle with McKay....or is that just madness? Sold out hospitality as well so I'm guessing the club will be desperate to get this game on, if it is in any doubt.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the above, and recent experience, I predict: pitch inspection at 10am declares - game on. Hospitality guests arrive and get fed and watered. Albion Rovers small band of supporters trudge to Fife. Match referee arrives - game off.

Then in the next line it says a couple of players are carrying injuries, one of which is Watson who hasn't trained all week. Wonder if that means we can get Thomson back at right back, push Murray out to left back and play Davo in the middle with McKay....or is that just madness? Sold out hospitality as well so I'm guessing the club will be desperate to get this game on, if it is in any doubt.

Or going by that line, McHattie should be available?

Based on the above, and recent experience, I predict: pitch inspection at 10am declares - game on. Hospitality guests arrive and get fed and watered. Albion Rovers small band of supporters trudge to Fife. Match referee arrives - game off.

Small band?

09cda2a7126493660f89b44d6c279df4.jpg

52fdeebba7b07095a2d8a2dc62a1ece8.jpg

b4507d84fb2acb26d177dbfdc21810e1.jpg

7 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We would still pick Smith....

I might have been a bit sarcastic....

4 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Or going by that line, McHattie should be available?

Ffs forgot about him, today is the gift that never starts giving.

52 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

http://www.raithrovers.net/33333/pitch-update-5pm-friday-15th-december.htm

"The Stark’s Park pitch has been under protective covers for several days and is currently playable.

However, temperatures again overnight will be freezing point and then are not forecasted to rise considerably again throughout tomorrow morning.

Removing the covers as late as possible is our aim so as not to expose the grass to the elements, however our opponents have also asked we consider their travel arrangements.

Therefore the SPFL have arranged a preliminary inspection for 11am on Saturday. We are still very hopeful that the game will be playable as planned.

We have a group of staff and volunteers in place for 9am to remove the covers but more hands make light work! So if you have a spare couple of hours and can get down to Stark’s Park, then your help would be appreciated.

News will be released via our official channels first thing tomorrow."

13 minutes ago, Shawheadrover said:

That would be because we travelled all the way down to Stranraer but the game was called off at 2.20 ish. Don't want a repeat of that farce ta.

Don’t get me started on Stranraer...

26 minutes ago, Shawheadrover said:

That would be because we travelled all the way down to Stranraer but the game was called off at 2.20 ish. Don't want a repeat of that farce ta.

I'm so pleased that, in the midweek before Xmas, we have an opportunity to repeat the experience in Galloway.

Archived