Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
MichaelJayPark

Matchday 17

Recommended Posts

MD16_Fixtures.thumb.jpg.1a4b9962daf60fc84a3c922f4531e6e3.jpg

After a few surprises and downright upsets in the league last weekend, this is a big weekend for the top three who all face difficult away trips. There are a few interesting fixtures in the bottom six too, not least at Victoria Park where in form Edusport will be looking to put one over on Vale of Leithen. Hawick Royal Albert are in desperate need of some Christmas cheer but face a tough trip to Ferguson Park against Whitehill Welfare.

Let me know what you're thinking about this weekend's big games and big talking points and I'll include some of them in this week's SLFL Preview! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big question this weekend is how many fixtures will actually go ahead? With freezing temperatures forecast for most of the week will the games at Selkirk, Vale, Welfare and Edinburgh Uni. fall foul? After a disappointing result on Saturday against Shire this is a must win for BSC if we are to stay in contention. It won't be easy as the students will be buzzing after that fantastic away win against the current champions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt they were a really fit and hard working team even after going down to 10 men.  Will be interested to see how they fare this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

The big question this weekend is how many fixtures will actually go ahead? With freezing temperatures forecast for most of the week will the games at Selkirk, Vale, Welfare and Edinburgh Uni. fall foul? After a disappointing result on Saturday against Shire this is a must win for BSC if we are to stay in contention. It won't be easy as the students will be buzzing after that fantastic away win against the current champions.

Edinburgh University have an exceptional record at getting games on! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MichaelJayPark said:

MD16_Fixtures.thumb.jpg.1a4b9962daf60fc84a3c922f4531e6e3.jpg

After a few surprises and downright upsets in the league last weekend, this is a big weekend for the top three who all face difficult away trips. There are a few interesting fixtures in the bottom six too, not least at Victoria Park where in form Edusport will be looking to put one over on Vale of Leithen. Hawick Royal Albert are in desperate need of some Christmas cheer but face a tough trip to Ferguson Park against Whitehill Welfare.

Let me know what you're thinking about this weekend's big games and big talking points and I'll include some of them in this week's SLFL Preview! :)

Depends on what ww team turn up on the day. Played some good football this season but swept aside too easy at times as well, disappointing last Saturday at Annan. Hawick on the other hand have nothing to lose and got to get points on the board sometime. 

I have my doubts about the game going ahead though. 

Edited by newcastle broon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Depends on what ww team turn up on the day. Played some good football this season but swept aside too easy at times as well, disappointing last Saturday at Annan. Hawick on the other hand have nothing to lose and got to get points on the board sometime. 

I have my doubts about the game going ahead though. 

Park absolutely frozen solid all day and a bit of snow this afternoon. Forecast not good at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting to that time of the season when its important for those at the top to keep winning so they dont lose touch and also dont leave the door open for some of the chasers who may go on a run.

After last weekends results its clear that surprises are possible and looking forward to some cracking ties up and down the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Edinburgh University have an exceptional record at getting games on! 

Since it opened 4yrs ago I think they've had 1-2 snowed/frozen off and 0 waterlogged. It's kept in immaculate condition and must be in a warm patch... that or Nairns has a huge hot air outlet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cumbernauld Colts have not trained due to burst pipes at the ground. I'm sure if it was Clyde playing this weekend there would be no issues, but it's the Colts so NLC will probably drag their arses and the game will be off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9am Pitch Inspection ahead of tomorrow's game

Ferguson Park has been frozen for most of the week and Andrew Renwick has just had another look at it this morning. The photo here shows it remains frozen and this mornings snow / sleet / rain has left puddles on top of the surface. As per protocol we will wait until tomorrow morning to make a final decision but we have contacted Hawick to let them know we expect it to merely be a formality. 

We will have an update as soon as we know in the morning.

IMG_1619.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Read this in a deep, movie-trailer voice...).

Even plastic isn't immune to this cold and ice - 9am inspection at Gala.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

(Read this in a deep, movie-trailer voice...).

Even plastic isn't immune to this cold and ice - 9am inspection at Gala.

Our u20s game was called off last night too Hibee so much frost and ice around when the sun goes down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off:

Cumbernauld v Gretna
Edinburgh Uni v BSCG
Gala v Dalbeattie
Selkirk v CSS
Vale v Edusport
Whitehill v Hawick



On:

East Stirlingshire v EK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×