Alloa Athletic vs Arbroath

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Waspie said:

Hopefully Alloa can build on this and nail down the play-off spot. Should really be finishing 3rd with the quality of player we have now. 

I agree completely with this, and to give the manager credit, he says as much on the post match interview- "with the quality we brought to the club in January, we should be putting teams to the sword far more than we have been". An encouraging insight into the expectation.

It's a decent interview overall. The only thing I didn't really agree with was that we lost our way after Parry's mistake for 10 minutes. Probably correct in an attacking sense, but we battled away in the middle of the park to stem potential Arbroath momentum.

The fact he rightly singles out McCart and Crane shows what a crazy game it was. Still think first away game vs Ayr beats it overall, but certainly best match we have seen at home this season. 

to give the manager credit, he says as much on the post match interview- "with the quality we brought to the club in January, we should be putting teams to the sword far more than we have been". An encouraging insight into the expectation.

I thought that was a very interesting comment. As you say, good to know that is the expectation.

If we make the playoffs (and it would be both a surprise and disappointment if we didn't) we have the players/squad to have a real go at getting promoted. The playoffs themselves could well be wide open.

Arbroath are clearly a very dangerous team. They have loads of firepower. I expect them and us to finish 3rd/4th.

Archived