Hearts v Dundee

There's a stats page on twitter (either spfl radar, or the back pass rule) who constantly talk about how Goncalves is twice the player when he's not playing with Lafferty (some mental stat that Lafferty has only set Isma up for one shot all season)

Would Hearts fans rather see Goncalves on his own and no Lafferty, or a reduced Goncalves and Lafferty?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good first half and we were well worth our lead.  Second half was horrible to start with, we'd clearly decided to sit deep and try and catch Dundee as they opened up, but it became horribly negative for 15-20 minutes as we couldn't get a  foot on the ball and Grzelak did what Grzelak does. 

The substitution of Isma for a midfielder was bizarre as well for me, if Dundee had scored when they had the pressure it left us with no option to change our shape.  However, as much of the ball as they had we defended really well and I don't think McLaughlin has had a save of note to make and once we got the 2nd it was a stroll, it also saved Callachan's blushes as he really needs to be scoring that chance.

Berra was outstanding and McDonald looks tremendous for a 16 year old, his confidence and poise was genuinely exciting to see.

McCann certainly has a way with words like no manager we have had before. 62d537241eb93abef3ac2a6a912a6362.jpg1e76d17c8c9c8424d5552745e3f0cffc.jpg
That should worry you, that. It's almost identical to some of the stuff Foran and McCulloch were coming out with.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's a stats page on twitter (either spfl radar, or the back pass rule) who constantly talk about how Goncalves is twice the player when he's not playing with Lafferty (some mental stat that Lafferty has only set Isma up for one shot all season)

Would Hearts fans rather see Goncalves on his own and no Lafferty, or a reduced Goncalves and Lafferty?

They've got 12 of our 17 league goals between them, so I'd rather find a way to play both.  Plus, stats don't always tell a full picture, we're a better team when they both play.

Don't really get the abuse Isma takes either, yes he's frustrating but he's also one of the few players we have who can get you something from nothing.  I'd rather he gets the freedom to make mistakes rather than get abuse and be scared to try anything.  If he was consistent he wouldn't be at Hearts with the talent he has.

I’d rather they had a bit longer together to build a relationship before we write them off as a pairing

They've got 12 of our 17 league goals between them, so I'd rather find a way to play both.  Plus, stats don't always tell a full picture, we're a better team when they both play.
Don't really get the abuse Isma takes either, yes he's frustrating but he's also one of the few players we have who can get you something from nothing.  I'd rather he gets the freedom to make mistakes rather than get abuse and be scared to try anything.  If he was consistent he wouldn't be at Hearts with the talent he has.

I’d rather they had a bit longer together to build a relationship before we write them off as a pairing

It seemed to suggest that Isma was a good partner for Lafferty, but Lafferty isn't a good partner for Isma. Although that's just my interpretation of it all.

10 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Dundee were pish, Hearts were quite good. 

Levein appears to be turning Hearts into a team that are quite difficult to beat and he might just turn out to be a decent manager for us again. My thought are with Paulo tonight. :(

Fooled by a couple of bog standard home wins against sides we should always be tucking away. afCM0oK.gif

Celtic will stick three or four past us on Sunday, then we'll shit the bed again in both derbies coming up. St Johnstone and Aberdeen away soon as well. Fooling nobody just yet.

This wee run will keep the c**t in a job afterwards. bQshDtu.png

Fooled by a couple of bog standard home wins against sides we should always be tucking away. afCM0oK.gif
Celtic will stick three or four past us on Sunday, then we'll shit the bed again in both derbies coming up. St Johnstone and Aberdeen away soon as well. Fooling nobody just yet.

That’s the spirit! Ya miserable c**t...
We are absolutely outstanding and not even this lot from Glasgow can stand in our way at the moment.
Or maybe it’s somewhere in the middle of our contrasting view is.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

6 hours ago, Elixir said:

He only said "quite" good

I only watched the highlights of this game but that setup by young McDonald certainly was very nice.  If Hearts weren't managed by Craig Levein I would give them credit for giving so many young players a chance but Levein (as DOF) was responsible for the large number of shite players brought in last year and the hiring of Cathro who undid all the good work by Neilson so I'm struggling to bring myself to give him any credit. 

13 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

The substitution of Isma for a midfielder was bizarre as well for me, if Dundee had scored when they had the pressure it left us with no option to change our shape.  However, as much of the ball as they had we defended really well and I don't think McLaughlin has had a save of note to make and once we got the 2nd it was a stroll, it also saved Callachan's blushes as he really needs to be scoring that chance.

We were getting completely overrun in midfield until that change was made. His replacement, Callachan, then missed a sitter before we grabbed the second. The sub completely changed the flow of the game back in our favour.

Archived