Absolutely 100% back on form Saints v Stevie May’s Invitational XI

Is May out for this one follow that assault on him by Ryan Jack? If so I wouldn’t be above having him wheeled out to the centre circle on a throne with his 2014 Scottish Cup medal round his neck and a replica trophy in his hand.

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

With two wins in the last three we’re absolutely back in the battle for second and haven’t at all picked up six points from a possible nine despite a couple of horror performances.

I’ve really gone off Alston lately but he’s got two assists in the last two games so he’ll almost certainly play. MacLean will be back and I expect he’ll lead the line himself. We need to get MOH, Wotherspoon and Scougall playing behind him off a base of Davidson and Paton or Millar. In theory that’s a decent midfield but its not really worked for us lately. Hopefully we can take a confidence boost from Saturday in spite of being pretty dreadful by all accounts.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two wins in three, a clean sheet and a fully fit squad barring a full back or two. Players were severely lacking confidence yesterday but you feel like it'll be restored a bit after beating Hamilton, regardless of how it came about.

This game is probably the perfect one for us to face next. A struggling team who'll be heavy favourites and allow us to sit deeper and counter without too much pressure from the home support.

From yesterday I'd be bringing Alston and Hendry out, and putting Paton or Craig, and MacLean in. Hendry would be on the bench and Cummins would be left out entirely, Johnstone probably deserves the chances that Cummins has wasted so far.

A narrow win for either side, or a scrappy draw. And I'd be relatively happy.

8 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Is May out for this one follow that assault on him by Ryan Jack? If so I wouldn’t be above having him wheeled out to the centre circle on a throne with his 2014 Scottish Cup medal round his neck and a replica trophy in his hand.

emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png

With two wins in the last three we’re absolutely back in the battle for second and haven’t at all picked up six points from a possible nine despite a couple of horror performances.

I’ve really gone off Alston lately but he’s got two assists in the last two games so he’ll almost certainly play. MacLean will be back and I expect he’ll lead the line himself. We need to get MOH, Wotherspoon and Scougall playing behind him off a base of Davidson and Paton or Millar. In theory that’s a decent midfield but its not really worked for us lately. Hopefully we can take a confidence boost from Saturday in spite of being pretty dreadful by all accounts.

According to Derek McInnes after the Dundee match, Stevie May will be fit for Wednesday.

21 minutes ago, betting competition said:

St Johnstone day out is one of the best days out for me as our supporters club gets invited into the suite - just a shame it is in midweek though. 

Could be a boring 0-0 as Aberdeen are really lacking in width this season  :(

We're absolute pap at defending crosses/set plays. Get the ball in for Rooney and he'll get another hattrick.

Maclean will likely come back in for Hendry and I can't see all 4 of Alston, Wotherspoon, Scougall and MOH starting against Aberdeen. Suspect one of Wotherspoon or Scougall will drop to the bench with Paton coming back in. The rest will be as started on Saturday I'd imagine.

Think we'll loss this if I'm honest. We were still pretty shite on Saturday and we look low on confidence. Would take a draw right now.

55 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We're absolute pap at defending crosses/set plays. Get the ball in for Rooney and he'll get another hattrick.

Maclean will likely come back in for Hendry and I can't see all 4 of Alston, Wotherspoon, Scougall and MOH starting against Aberdeen. Suspect one of Wotherspoon or Scougall will drop to the bench with Paton coming back in. The rest will be as started on Saturday I'd imagine.

Think we'll loss this if I'm honest. We were still pretty shite on Saturday and we look low on confidence. Would take a draw right now.

You can't defend crosses and we have no width.

Has the makings of a classic.

Hope May and GMS can make it. 
Not his biggest fan (GMS) but need the width. 

Hope GMS makes it too, virtually a man down after the first tackle

No idea how this is going to go,we have been huffing and puffing all season.

No width to our team and strikers near zilch chances being created for them.

If we can't get crosses into their box then no point playing Rooney.

0-0 dra strong possibility.

Archived